Location: 240 W 37th St, New York, NY 10018
What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP Company, is the leading platform for on-demand workforce management. Our cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) is used by today’s biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
The team is passionate about redefining the labor model for the 21st century and creating the best solutions for our customers. It is a large, complicated problem to solve and we can’t do it without having the best talent moving us forward and thinking outside the box.
For more about ADP’s acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYC’s fastest-growing companies and was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. From New York to Toronto -- the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
WorkMarket offers the vibe of a startup with the resources of a large company, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to help drive and validate our product strategy. More on our culture can be found on our engineering blog, and you can learn more about our diversity and inclusion efforts here and here.
- Architecture – API-driven, distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Frontend : React/Redux, Swagger + Backbone/Handlebars/jQuery
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
- Quality Assurance: Mabl, Locust/BlazeMeter, python-based API test automation
Things you’ll do
- Participate in designing, building and integrating new and existing application components
- Collaborate with your scrum team, and other teams, to solve complex problems
- Define standards and patterns to ensure quality and velocity
- Help respond to customer production issues
- Partner with product owner(s) to prioritize value delivery
- Track record of designing and developing highly transactional, distributed financial SaaS applications
- In-depth knowledge of one or more: Java, Scala, Spring
- Experience building and supporting libraries used by multiple teams
- Experience working within an agile/scrum development framework
- Track record of building software with quality and measurable performance in mind
- Experience in developing financial software including but not limited to ledger management, billing systems, money movement, tax services, financial transaction management. Deep understanding of accounting terminology and finance-related integration.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP Canada will recruit, select, orient, develop, and promote associates based on our strategic direction and our values. We have made a commitment to address barriers in our employment processes and are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Canadian Head Office at 416-207-2900 and ask to speak to an ADP Canada Human Resource associate or email Canada.Accessibility@ADP.com.