What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP Company, is the leading platform for on-demand workforce management. Our cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) is used by today’s biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
The team is passionate about redefining the labor model for the 21st century and creating the best solutions for our customers. It is a large, complicated problem to solve and we can’t do it without having the best talent moving us forward and thinking outside the box.
For more about ADP’s acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYC’s fastest-growing companies and was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. From New York to Toronto -- the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
WorkMarket offers the vibe of a startup with the resources of a large company, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to help drive and validate our product strategy. More on our culture can be found on our engineering blog, and you can learn more about our diversity and inclusion efforts here and here.
- Architecture – API-driven, distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Frontend : React/Redux, Swagger + Backbone/Handlebars/jQuery
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
- Quality Assurance: Mabl, Locust/BlazeMeter, python-based API test automation
Things you’ll do
- Participate in designing, building and integrating new and existing application components
- Collaborate with your scrum team, and other teams, to solve complex problems
- Define standards and patterns to ensure quality and velocity
- Help respond to customer production issues
- Partner with product owner(s) to prioritize value delivery
- Background in Computer Science or related field (or in lieu of degree, 3 years of relevant work experience)
- Track record of designing and developing highly transactional, distributed SaaS applications
- In-depth knowledge of one or more: Java, Scala, Spring
- Experience building and supporting libraries used by multiple teams
- Experience working collaboratively within an agile/scrum development framework
- Track record of building software with quality and measurable performance in mind
- Working knowledge of JIRA, GitHub, and automation tools
- Experience working across browsers to create a cohesive, clean user experience
- A desire to create a clean and maintainable codebase
Nice to haves
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success.Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized byForbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.