WorkMarket, an ADP Company, is the leading platform for on-demand workforce management. Our cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) is used by today’s biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
The team is passionate about redefining the labor model for the 21st century and creating the best solutions for our customers. It is a large, complicated problem to solve and we can’t do it without having the best talent moving us forward and thinking outside the box.
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYC’s fastest-growing companies and was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. From New York to Toronto -- the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
WorkMarket offers the vibe of a startup with the resources of a Fortune 500 company, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to help drive our product and technology strategy. Our dynamic team of engineers are passionate about what they do and have fun along the way.
- Architecture – API-driven, distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Frontend : React/Redux, Swagger + Backbone/Handlebars/jQuery
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
- Quality Assurance: Mabl, Locust/BlazeMeter, python-based API test automation
Things you’ll do
- Design, build and release to customers new capabilities via APIs and microservices
- Define engineering standards and patterns to ensure quality and accelerate delivery
- Help to refine our microservices and CI/CD strategies
- Collaborate with your and other teams, to solve complex design and architectural problems
- Partner with product owner(s) to refine and prioritize new capabilities
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience designing and developing highly-transactional, distributed, SaaS applications
- In-depth knowledge and 2+ years of professional experience with Java or Spring
- Knowledge of and ability to apply design and architectural patterns
- Passion for engineering best practices
- Experience working within an agile development framework
- Track record of building software with quality and of high performance
- Experience in developing financial software including but not limited to ledger management, billing systems, money movement, tax services, financial transaction management. Deep understanding of accounting terminology and finance-related integration.
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success.Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized byForbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
ADP Canada will recruit, select, orient, develop, and promote associates based on our strategic direction and our values. We have made a commitment to address barriers in our employment processes and are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Canadian Head Office at 416-207-2900 and ask to speak to an ADP Canada Human Resource associate or email Canada.Accessibility@ADP.com.