What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP company, provides a cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) that is used by today’s biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
As the industry’s #1 FMS, WorkMarket helps some of the most well known enterprises today to organize, manage and pay every aspect of their flexible workforce -- all in one platform.
We provide UI extensibility through an SDK, an enterprise-scale API, advanced algorithm-based talent discovery and management, tasks and payments workflow customization, and financial reconciliation and compliance.
For more about ADP acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why you should join us
WorkMarket is one of NYC’s fastest-growing companies and was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. We’re looking for brilliant engineers, technologists and software developers to join us on a mission of a lifetime: to power the future of work.
From New York to Boston to Toronto -- the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
If you are the type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also has a desire to participate in architecture and/or product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers a unique, startup-like experience where you will have plenty of opportunities to get involved.
Check out our engineering blog.
Learn more about our diversity and inclusion efforts here.
We developed a progressive web application based on our “Single Page App” Architecture, aka “SPA”, on top of a domain-driven API-first platform. Our back-end is a Java-based distributed microservice architecture.
Our primary stacks are:
- Architecture - API-Driven Microservices & Micro Frontends
- Front-end: React, Redux, Swagger, Node/NPM, Webpack, Babel
- Back-end: Java 8, Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Front-end Engineer who can deliver high quality, high value solutions to our customers through strong innovation, operation, analytics and communication. We emphasize teamwork as a means of accomplishing our goals, an expression of our commitment building industry-leading products on modern technology.
- Spearhead initiatives, find solutions to problems that have not already been solved, and see your solution implementation through.
- Be a great communicator and technical writer capable of connecting with members of the organization, who may range in technical experience.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Front-end Architects, and Platform Architects.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribution of knowledge.
- Help the support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, commensurate real-world software development experience, or rigorous web development program and/or bootcamp.
- Strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, mobile optimization, etc).
- Significant experience with React and the React ecosystem as well as unidirectional data flow patterns — Redux preferred.
- Experience with front-end tooling workflows: e.g. Node.js, Yarn/npm, webpack, Babel, Create React App, Gatsby, Next.js, Razzle, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Exposure to implementing complex UIs that leverage RESTful JSON and/or GraphQL APIs.
- Solid understanding of functional programming concepts.
- Experience working with Microservices, Service-Oriented Architecture, and/or distributed systems.
- Experience in automation testing specifically in BDD or TDD methodologies.
- Experience in startup or high growth technology environments.
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success.Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized byForbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.