Lead a team that is disrupting a $200B market by bringing technology to a traditionally underserved segment of the population. Worklete is defining a new category that significantly impacts people’s lives.
Worklete is a technology platform that reduces musculoskeletal injuries for transportation, shipping and logistics companies by over 55% on average, saving companies millions of dollars a year in direct and indirect workers’ compensation costs. Its mobile-ready platform is scalable and effective for even the largest, most distributed, and highly-mobile workforces. Founded in 2015, Worklete’s customers include Nestlé Waters, Penske, Hub Group Trucking, and Napa Auto Parts.
Worklete is headquartered in San Francisco and recently secured $6.5M in Series A funding from top-tier investors Trinity Ventures, Launch Capital, RiverPark Ventures, and Kapor Capital. This Medium post provides Trinity’s perspective on why they chose to invest in Worklete over the thousands of other companies that pitch them every year.
We’re growing quickly and are seeking entrepreneurial leaders to help us prepare for our next stage of maturity. Nowhere is this more critical than in our customer lifecycle operations. We are committed to making each of our customers successful as reflected in one of our company’s core values, “Deliver True Value for our Customers.” Our customers are large enterprises, often with tens of thousands of employees, so this is no small task.
As our VP of Customer, you will own a significant portion of the customer lifecycle. Your purview will include implementation, account management, and customer support. You will be tasked with evaluating our mid-term targets and current capabilities to construct a resource plan that will ensure the successful deployment of new customers and support existing ones. We’re looking for someone who has done this before. Ideally, you’ve successfully rolled out new software products within large enterprises and positively impacted organizational change via new workflows and standards.
We’re looking for a leader to join our executive team that is equal parts “roll up my sleeves and do it myself” and team builder. This role will report to the Co-founder & CEO, Ben Kanner and will be a member of the company’s executive team.
What You’ll Do - Role & Responsibilities
- Build a world class integrated Customer Success organization
- Create and implement a playbook to guide a new client from deployment to successful business case achievement and contract renewal/expansion
- Develop frameworks and processes to operationalize implementations, hit optimal client product engagement/usage levels and ultimately, expansion revenue targets
- Build individual relationships with C-level executives at Worklete’s most critical client stakeholders and then construct a reliable feedback loop to ensure client needs are being met and communicated across the entire Worklete team
- Own communication with customers, from technical support to account management building flexible processes that can grow with Worklete’s client base
- Implement a pilot execution process in partnership with the sales organization to maximize the likelihood that pilot customers convert to long-term recurring relationships
- In partnership with sales and marketing, set annual renewal and upsell quota targets and build a hand-off process to ensure opportunities are met with urgency and consistency
- Develop processes in conjunction with product engineering to aggregate client and end user feedback to impact future product decisions
- Set KPIs to monitor customer health and foster a metric-driven Customer Success culture to identify bottlenecks, develop hypotheses and execute experiments to improve departmental performance
- Lead in line with core values, both internally and externally:
- Deliver True Value for Our Customers
- Engage with Honesty and Integrity
- Be a Problem Solver
- Pursue Excellence with Tenacity and Grit
- Act Wisely, Learn and Grow
- Value People, Time and Relationships
- Have Fun with It
Who You Are - Required Skills:
- Experienced in scaling a fast-paced, high-growth (Series A or B) Enterprise SaaS company, with <50 people
- 10+ years of experience in client-facing, account strategy roles (Customer Success, Technical Support, Operations, Account Management)
- 5+ years leadership experience building and inspiring a team of high-performing individuals
- You love building relationships and have demonstrable success deeply connecting individually both with your clients and your team
- You are a tenacious, creative, and assertive problem-solver
- You are data driven, but use both quantitative and qualitative information to inform decisions
- Our product leverages predictive analytics and customer data (eg. injuries, hours worked, etc), so the leader of CS will need to feel confident in analyzing trends to support storytelling
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, get in the trenches yourself and build systems from the ground up (you will be building the plane as you are flying it)
- Tactical experience introducing new technologies within large, complex organizations
- Cross-functional experience working with a leadership team to shape overall company strategy, build annual plans, attend board meetings, and other executive activities
- Ideally expertise supporting software usage for distributed, labor intensive workforces, in established industries and in companies that may be at the nascent stage of their internal digital transformation
Some Recent News:
Fast Company This app’s video lifting lessons keep blue-collar workforces strong Aug. 2, 2018
Trinity Ventures Worklete: Turbocharging a multi-generational quest for workplace safety Aug. 2, 2018