EF is Europe’s leading early-stage investor in deep technology companies. We help Europe’s most talented individuals to build high growth technology companies from scratch.
Over the last four years, we’ve built more than 75 startups, which are collectively worth over $600m.
We’re growing fast and have recently raised our third fund. To support the scaling of the business, we’re building out our Finance &amp; Operations team, which is responsible for managing a breadth of processes, from financial accounting and management, to compliance, investor reporting and HR.
The Finance Assistant will enjoy a broad range of assignments and responsibilities, ranging from accounting to management reports, coupled with the opportunity to learn about – and experience first-hand – the workings and growth of a globally unique company builder.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for book-keeping
- Support the Finance Manager in managing tracking of spend by team and composing monthly management reports
- Support the Head of Finance & Operations in ensuring all other reporting obligations to our partners are met
- Use problem-solving techniques and implement creative solutions to improve processes and facilitate reporting
Who you are:
- You will be exceptionally pro-active and meticulous in your work, with great attention to detail
- You’re highly organised and thrive off getting things done to a high standard
- You are a high energy individual with a can-do, no-excuses attitude
- You have a strong desire to learn from others and evolve in a business environment
- You are interested in tech entrepreneurship and/or investment into startups and relish the opportunity to learn more about the startup ecosystem
- You want to work as part of a small team, and be surrounded by a buzzing community
- You will have some experience working in a professional environment
What you get
Above and beyond financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship – and changing the paradigm around startup creation – not only in the UK, but globally
- Being part of a buzzing space full of technical founders and being part of a small and fast paced team
- A generous holiday allowance (including the two weeks of Christmas and New Year)
- A book allowance to help us collectively build the EF library and access to our Cycle to Work scheme
Location: London, Bermondsey
Reports to: Finance Manager
Contract Duration: Permanent