Entrepreneur First (EF) is Europe and Southeast Asia’s leading early-stage investor in frontier technology companies. We help the world's most talented individuals to build high growth technology companies from scratch. Over the last four years, we’ve built more than 100 startups, which are collectively worth over $1 billion. This summer, we raised a $12.4m funding round led by Reid Hoffman, Greylock, Founders Fund and some of the world’s best entrepreneurs.
EF now faces the biggest and most exciting challenge in its history: scaling to become a globally important institution. To be accessible and attractive to the world’s most ambitious people, we’re opening an EF Form programme in Berlin, with the first 50 candidates starting in April 2018. Form is at the heart of everything we do at EF: during 6 months you find and select the best potential founders, you help them figure out what to work on, and who to work with. The output of your work are solid co-founding teams with viable ideas, with enough traction and progress to be fundable by our London fund.
On top of being operationally exciting, this role offers you the chance to be part of the founding team, creating EF culture abroad, and work on the IP for the company’s most crucial scaling mechanism.
What you’ll do
Setting up EF in Berlin means that you’ll be involved in all aspects of Form, as well as building EF itself. The Form Associate role has responsibilities across Talent (finding and convincing the right individuals to join EF), Admissions (making sure we only offer the very best potential founders), and Form (advising the individuals on teambuilding and ideation).
Talent: get 67 offers for EF Form Berlin in April 2018.
- You’ll help recruit individuals for Form Berlin. Doing this involves community outreach, going to events, running a digital marketing campaign, sourcing candidates, taking candidates for coffee, speaking at meetups, etc.
- You’ll set up partnerships with the right universities and research institutes, represent EF on Talent related trips to other parts of Germany / wider Europe, the right hacker communities, etc.
Admissions: make sure we select the right people, and no one drops out during the process.
- You’ll help run the selection and interview process for applicants.
- You’ll monitor and manage the cohort composition for EFB1 (EF Berlin 1). In cooperation with the Form Lead, you’ll decide on a Berlin specific composition, and make sure we offer the right people.
Form: build 15 teams that get funded by EF Launch London.
- You’ll make sure that >75% of the individuals we offer a place on the cohort actually join.
- You’ll advise the individuals on team-building and ideation, you’ll help localize the existing IP to Berlin.
- Create 15 companies funded by Launch in London
Who you are
- You have experience in sales, consulting or a role which has required persuasion and strong interpersonal communication skills to succeed.
- You are a credible advisor to individuals building startups, either because you’ve advised companies before in a professional context or because you’ve started your own company.
- You’ve likely had experience building tech companies from scratch (whether successful or unsuccessful) and can talk through the early stages of creating a company to someone new to startups.
- You’re a culture carrier. People in the teams you’ve worked with see you as a leader, if not in accountability, then in how you impact the people around you.
- You have shown operational excellence. You can pick up a variety of tasks and execute them to a high standard.
- You are smart and resourceful. You can demonstrate this because you’ve likely gone to an elite university, have entrepreneurial experience, or through your work experience.
- You’re extremely ambitious: you see yourself as a future leader within EF, or technology as a field.
£35k-£45k, depending on experience, with carry or equity-based upside. This is a crucial role for EF, and we want to incentivize you accordingly.
Please submit your cv and one paragraph cover letter explaining your motivation for applying.