Entrepreneur First has a mission to build the world's most important companies by creating the most valuable career path for the most ambitious people. The EF team administers a programme designed to help these individuals create and run their companies, from finding a co-founder to putting together a product, right through to getting series A funding and beyond. The startups these individuals build solve big, important problems. These companies work on everything from how to help charities raise more money, how to reduce waste in manufacturing, to how can we launch low cost satellites into space.
Entrepreneur First has been running for 6 years in London and 2 years in Singapore, and has already helped hundreds of founders build companies. We're now joined by locations in Hong Kong and Berlin. The companies we’ve built over the last five years are worth over $1 billion today.
The Form teams role is to turn the selected cohort of 100 individuals into fundable teams. After the Form Programme, the teams are passed to Launch team to prepare them for external funding. This role ensures that the operational function of Form runs smoothly for the team and cohort.
What You Will Learn
- Get a unique insight into what makes great founders, what drives the early stage of deep tech companies and how venture capital works. Be prepared for either building your own startup in the future or working for one.
- Your development matters to EF. Get training, mentoring and feedback from the beginning of your internship. They will help draw out this development from the start, then adapt it along the way if necessary.
- Get to meet and work with all relevant parties involved in commercializing research. EF has a very large, credible network who they’d be willing to introduce you to. This includes some of the world’s top startup founders, investors, and officials.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Entrepreneur consultation: Interact, anticipate and solve potential problems that our founders have throughout the course of the programme.
- Build your network: Build relationships and liaise with the most notable founders and investors in the Singapore startup ecosystem.
- Operations and Admin: Support the EF team in their day-to-day operations, with tasks ranging from emailing and on-boarding applicants into the programme.
- Event Management: EF runs a lot of dinners and events for the founders, both before and after they join the programme. And you’ll be responsible for everything from invitations to ensuring the day runs smoothly. Liaise with speakers and venues, and take responsibility for marketing.
Who you are:
- Strong operational background - you nail process and love optimisation. Strong excel skills is a plus.
- You are exceptionally pro-active and happy to take decisions independently.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all, both internally and externally.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re interested in startups and want to work in a startup environment.
- Hands-on approach - our team culture is very ‘hands-on’ - we are looking for people who just get things done and actively seek ownership.
What you get:
This is a 3 month paid internship.
Above and beyond financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to shape the activity of one of the world's most exciting startup organisations.
- The opportunity to work closely with top technical talent, cutting-edge startups, innovative corporates and some of the world’s best educational institutions.
- An intense but fun working environment, where everyone is obsessive about their job (as well as things outside it).
- A book allowance to help us collectively build the EF library.
Please note that we will not be able to provide a visa for this role.