Entrepreneur First brings together the world’s most ambitious people to build startups from scratch in London, Berlin, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangalore. We help individuals form teams, develop ideas, and subsequently raise funding from investors to build the world’s most important companies.
To date we have helped over 1000 individuals build 140 companies with a total valuation of over $1 billion. They're funded by leading VCs and Angels investors from across Europe and the US, including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, and Y Combinator. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, led by Rob Bishop and Zehan Wang, which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
Our model of building companies has been backed and validated by Silicon Valley’s top investors. We recently raised US$12.4M in a round led by Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn, with participation from Greylock Partners, Founders Fund and other top US venture capital firms as well as the DeepMind founders.
The Entrepreneur First program is divided into two parts. First, we recruit individuals who iterate on team and idea fit during Form. The teams we fund after Form incorporate as companies and become part of Launch, the second part of the programme. Launch’s goal is to accelerate companies towards our regional Investor Day in Singapore and raise seed stage investments.
We’re hiring a Launch Analyst in our Singapore office who will join the Launch team in accelerating the companies we invest in towards our Asia Investor Days well as supporting them in their seed stage fundraising process.
As our Launch Analyst in Singapore you’ll be a key part of our team on the ground in Singapore. You will play a vital role in Launch and funding related operations and cohort experience locally, building on our best practices at a regional and global level. To do this, you’ll work closely with the Launch team who will own cohort outcomes in Singapore. Internally, your role will revolve around our teams and their experience of Launch. Externally, you’ll work to connect teams with our local investors and advisors. This is a demanding but exciting role with lots of exposure to early stage startups and the best investors in Asia.
Cohort Operations & Experience
The companies we fund are our biggest evangelists, your job will be to support the Launch team in designing, managing and implementing processes on the ground in Singapore which give them a five star experience. Operations include our scheduling check-ins between teams and advisors throughout the program, and connecting teams to the investors and people in our community they need to succeed.
Connecting to Investors
You will play a crucial role in planning our Investor Day, a huge event marking the end of the each cycle and attended by the region’s most important investors. As our Analyst, you will get a chance to both liaise with individuals in this network to make connections and setup meetings, as well as contributing to building out the network itself. By leveraging on EF's global networks, you will help the companies to meet with local and international VCs, family offices and angel investors, increasing their chance of fundraising after Investor day.
You should have
- A strong educational background
- A strong interest in startups or venture capital
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, are confident with public speaking and written communication
- Have a hands on work ethic - we like people who get things done and actively seek ownership
- Have great attention to detail
- Be comfortable learning about new sectors/technologies/industries
- Are an expert problem solver and able to think fast and independently on your feet
Bonus points for
- Prior work experience working in venture capital or accelerators, or in a startup
You will report to our Singapore Launch Associate and work closely with the rest of the Asia Launch team.
You will be based in our office in Singapore located at 32 Carpenter Street.
You'll also get to...
- Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most exceptional individuals and have the opportunity to work in an institution that can change the way the most ambitious people think about their careers.
- Supercharge your learning - you’ll have a very steep learning curve and work alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team.
- Embed yourself within the EF network - we work with the best founders and investors in the region
Start Date: ASAP. This will be a six month paid internship.