Entrepreneur First brings together the world’s most ambitious people to build startups from scratch in Europe and Asia. We help individuals form teams, develop ideas, and subsequently raise funding from investors to build the world’s most important companies.
To date we have helped over 350 individuals build 80 companies with a total valuation of over $1 billion. They're funded by leading VCs and Angels investors from across Europe and the US, including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, and Y Combinator. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, led by Rob Bishop and Zehan Wang, which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
Most recently, we have raised US$12.4M in a round led by Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn, with participation from Greylock Partners, Founders Fund and other top US venture capital firms as well as the Deep Mind founders.
We are on the lookout for a Finance Analyst who will will enjoy a broad range of assignments and responsibilities, ranging from accounting to investment agreements, coupled with the opportunity to learn about – and experience first-hand – the workings and growth of a globally unique company builder.
This role sits within our F&O function. You will work closely with our Global F&O team but this is a role with lots of autonomy and self-direction day-to-day. There are several possible growth opportunities which stem from taking on this role - EF is growing rapidly and as we scale, new functions and roles with lots of responsibility will be created.
- Perform reconciliation for bank transactions by matching documents received to respective transactions
- Assist in the expense claims process by verifying the receipts submitted and ensuring the claim details are accurate
- Assist in the preparation of month-end financial closing and submission of the accounts to the Head Office in London
- Provide general administrative support and data entry on an ad-hoc basis, where necessary
- Support the F&O Manager in delivering key strategic projects that will enhance the team’s efficiency and effectiveness, from finance to compliance
- Work closely with the F&O Global Team in creating and implementing processes that will facilitate reporting of the SG Fund Portfolio
You should have:
- A strong educational background in accounting and/or finance
- Internships in similar roles as described above
- Are exceptionally pro-active and meticulous in your work, with great attention to detail
- Are highly organised and thrive off getting things done to a high standard
- Believe in continual process improvement, and have a passion for bringing structure to the task at hand
- Want to set big goals and push yourself and others to greatness
- Are a high energy individual with a can-do, no-excuses attitude
Reporting: You will report directly to our F&O Manager in Singapore.
You'll also get to:
- Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most ambitious individuals and have the opportunity to help start an institution that can change the way the most ambitious people think about their careers
- Supercharge your learning - you’ll have a very steep learning curve and work alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team.
- Embed yourself within the EF network - we work with the best founders and investors in the region
- Enjoy a generous holiday allowance (20 days + 2 weeks at CNY and Christmas)
Location: You'll be based at our offices located at 32 Carpenter Street in Singapore.
Remuneration: Competitive compensation based on your experience, including long term incentives.
Start Date: ASAP