ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR FIRST
Entrepreneur First was founded in 2011 by Alice Bentinck and Matt Clifford with the aim of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to build the most important companies, and that is still true today. We are the world’s leading talent investor - we invest time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them find a co-founder, develop an idea, and start a technology company from scratch.
Across our programmes in Europe and Asia, to date we have helped over 2000 individuals build more than 230 companies, with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. EF’s companies have been funded by many of the leading venture investors in Europe, Asia and Silicon Valley. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
The Talent Manager is an exciting role that will own and develop a huge part of our business in London. It’s a stretching role, which offers an enormous opportunity for immediate impact on our business, a large amount of responsibility, and a steep and continued learning curve. This isn’t a conventional talent acquisition role - you’ll be recruiting the potential founders of some of the world’s most important tech companies.
We are looking for a smart and enthusiastic team member with solid experience in talent acquisition or sales, ideally with a track record of building and managing high-performance recruiting teams and creative implementation of talent strategy. The Talent Manger will be solely responsible for leading and nurturing the team who ensure the best talent from across the globe is found, attracted and applies to EF. We'll train you on the EF way of doing things and specialised knowledge, but very soon you will be the expert locally.
We were told it was impossible to build companies from scratch, and over the past 5 years we have built a robust and scalable way to do this. The process works and has created some of the most valuable companies coming out of Europe, andAsia.
We are very ambitious for the future of Entrepreneur First and we believe that we have a unique opportunity to understand and develop the secret finding individuals who can build billion dollar companies. No other investor or company has access to this opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Talent team, responsible for the delivery of full cohorts back to back.
- Implement local talent strategy. You'll continuously transfer knowledge and sharing learnings with our global teams
- Work directly with the General Manager to deliver local talent strategy according to company goals.
- Direct and track both high and low touch recruitment efforts
- Work with other key internal stakeholders from other teams.
- Conduct weekly check ins with Talent team members, set quarterly team goals (OKRs)
- Report weekly on key metrics and team performance.
- Lead and manage Partner Programmes with universities, students and communities.
- Lead bi-annual review cycle for the team.
- Hiring and growing the team.
What we’re looking for:
- Drive for results - you create focus, consistently measure performance against goals and evaluate results.
- Pipeline Management - you’re analytical and think in terms of pipelines. You dig deep to make improvements at every stage.
- Managing and measuring work - you can set stretching performance goals with clear measurables
- Upward management/reporting - you create tight feedback loops and can present clear headlines to important stakeholders. You know when the detail is needed.
- Problem-solving and planning - you instinctively anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks. You solve them with logic.
- Influencing and closing - you know how to set specific goals which lead towards desired outcomes and have a good sense of timing.
- Leading high-performance teams - you’ve had experience setting stretch goals for direct reports and have proven experience delivering results. You’re great at giving continuous feedback and getting the best out of your team and share wins.
- Pipeline-driven workflows - you’re familiar working with high-volume pipelines, leads, pass rates, and engagement metrics. You’re familiar making short-term and long-term ROI decisions.
- Sales or Talent experience - you have been a manager in either a sales or recruitment team in a high-growth organisation.
- Tech talent insights - you have an understanding of the tech talent landscape and know who the big players are.
- Startup knowledge - you’ve worked with or for startups and have a good view of the local ecosystem. A strong network is a plus.
- Motivating others - you enjoy developing people and foster an open, inclusive and collaborative culture
- Proactive - you don’t delay action pending instruction or permission.
- Data-driven - you intuitively understand the value of data and making decisions based on empirical information.
- Creative - you can come up with new and unique ideas, and make connections among previously unrelated notions.
- Storyteller - you can sell a vision and get people bought into our strong beliefs.
In addition to the financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:
- Surrounding yourself with the world’s smartest and most ambitious individuals
- Supercharge your learning - you’ll have a very steep learning curve and work in a talented, ambitious, and committed team of specialists.
- Embed yourself within the EF network - we work with the best technologists, founders, investors and high net worth individuals.
- Working in a buzzing space full of technical founders and being part of an enthusiastic and fast-paced team.
- In addition to 23 holiday days to use flexibly between January and December, we also close the office down for two weeks over Christmas and New Year.
- A Learning and Development allowance to purchase any product or service that will contribute to your personal or professional development.
- A Wellness allowance: everyone gets a wellness allowance to be spent on things that enhance your health and wellbeing e.g. gym memberships, yoga classes, running shoes, subscription to Headspace etc.
- Annual retreats with our Global team
- A generous maternity and paternity pay and leave policies. We care about your families and we want to enable you to achieve the right balance between your home and working life.
- Equipment: we give you an allowance to put towards the laptop of your choice and additional equipment you might need (such as a monitor, keypad etc)
This is a Manager level role, with a competitive salary and performance based remuneration. This role can expect significant upside from our fund through our carry plan.
Location: You will be based in EF's London office in Bermondsey. You'll report to the General Manager of EF London and manage a team of Associates.
Start Date: December 2019.
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual preference, age, disability, or marital status.