ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR FIRST
Entrepreneur First was founded in 2011 by Alice Bentinck and Matt Clifford with the aim of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to build the most important companies, and that is still true today. We are the world’s leading talent investor; we invest time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them find a co-founder, develop an idea, and start a technology company from scratch.
Across our programmes in Europe and Asia, to date we have helped over 1,200 individuals build more than 200 companies, with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. EF’s companies have been funded by many of the leading venture investors in Europe, Asia and Silicon Valley. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
EF itself is backed by some of the world’s best investors, including the founders of LinkedIn, DeepMind and PayPal and runs cohorts in London, Singapore, Hong Kong, Berlin, Paris and Bangalore.
We are on the lookout for a Talent Associate who will play a vital role in making Entrepreneur First the default career preference for the most ambitious individuals in the UK. As a Talent Associate, your primary responsibilities will revolve around engaging smart, talented individuals with strong founder potential, through various streams. This role sits within our Form function and you will have the opportunity to help cement our Talent processes as well as building on them.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Outreach and Partnerships (50%)
- Act as the primary point of contact for the highest-potential individuals we identify, from the initial phone call to their interview, offer, and the start of their programme.
- You will be in charge of clarifying all aspects of the EF programme to all identified leads
- Plan and deliver on staple outreach events and tracking effectiveness of all activities
- Be the main POC for our Student Partner Programme
- Deliver all administration for partnership activities (events, communications, aiding in stakeholder management)
- Data Management (40%)
- Aid in creating and maintaining quality tracking mechanisms for all Talent streams
- Locally maintain our in-house CRM, ensuring all data is available and properly stored
- Cultivation (10%)
- Continue cultivating the best individuals through their entire EF journey from first contact to joining the programme
- Help guide our prospective founders through the offer process working closely with our Admissions team, ensuring all candidates are confident on what to expect when joining the programme
- You get things done - you demonstrate operational excellence and ensure quality and integrity in everything that you do.
- You work proactively and reactively and never lose sight that creating and supporting thoughtful and well-organised experiences for our future founders is of the utmost importance
- A team player - you are motivated by shared goals
- A quick learner who thrives in fast-paced environments and able to adapt to changing needs and circumstances.
- You’re able to handle all situations and data sensitively and in confidence
- You’re analytical and enjoy problem solving
- A motivated self-starter who can deliver independently
- A clear communicator who is comfortable engaging in conversation
- Interested in building a career in talent-investing and startups.
It is also desirable, but not essential if you have:
- 1-2 years of work experience
- A strong academic track record
- Familiarity with the UK university and tech ecosystems
- Be part of an ambitious team redefining what the most ambitious people do with their lives.
- Take the lead on finding outliers and be the first to contact them.
- Be in an environment that supports learning on the job and career development.
- Get exposure to founders of globally ambitious startups, as they go through their company-building journey.
- Make connections within the EF network of leading technologists, founders, and investors.
- Attend events and sessions with exceptional speakers and entrepreneurs, like Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn).
- Benefit from:
- L&D Allowance to put towards your personal development
- Wellness Allowance to put towards Wellness Activities (gym memberships, yoga classes, running shoes, subscription to Headspace, etc.)
- Parental Leave: a generous parental leave scheme, 16 weeks fully paid for mothers/primary carers and 6 weeks for fathers/partners plus a flexible return to work schedule
- Equipment Allowance to choose the equipment that will help you to do your job most effectively - depending what this looks like for you.
- Global Retreats: Annual get-togethers with our global colleagues.
- 23 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays) + 2 weeks at Christmas
Start date: ASAP.
Location: Our headquarters in Bermondsey, London.
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.