Backend Engineer (Software Engineer) Role
Entrepreneur First brings together the world’s most ambitious people to build deep tech startups from scratch in Paris, London, Berlin, Hong Kong, Bangalore and Singapore. We invest in exceptional individuals even before they have a team or an idea and help them find a co-founder, develop ideas, and subsequently raise funding from investors to build the world’s most valuable tech companies.
To date, we have helped build 230 companies with a total valuation of over $1.5 billion.
Most recently, we have raised US$12M in a round led by Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn, with participation from Greylock Partners, Founders Fund and other top US venture capital firms as well as the Deep Mind founders.
Engineering at EF
At EF, we’re working hard to transform the lives of the world’s most impactful people by building products and processes to invest in people even before they have a team or an idea. We call this Talent Investing.
The Engineering Team at EF is small but growing in size and impact. In this cross-functional role, you will work with Product Designers and other Engineers, and the EF Community to build mission-critical internal and external products. These products power EF users all around the world and play a key part in our global expansion.
Software engineers at EF help power us towards our goal by architecting brilliant systems to solve hard technical challenges quickly and effectively.
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship great code every day.
In this role you will:
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems
- Use our design system to ship functional and beautiful features for internal and external users
- Work in a cross functional team with a Product Manager, Product Designer and fellow Engineer
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy writing clean Ruby, working with Rails Sidekiq, RSpec, Redis to create great systems for our users.
- You have a good commercial experience with Ruby, working in a Ruby on rails environment
- An understanding of object-orientated programming and a love of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- An understanding of relational database, web design patterns and API driven design.
- You can communicate excellently on a range of technical and non-technical topics
- Believe in building great systems and taking features from idea to deployment.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- A desire to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and push each other to greatness is core to EF’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Come and build great products with us.