INTERIM HEAD OF FINANCE & FUND OPERATIONS - (12 Month FTC)
ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR FIRST
Entrepreneur First was founded in 2011 by Alice Bentinck and Matt Clifford with the aim of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to build the most important companies, and that is still true today. We are the world’s leading talent investor; we invest time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them find a co-founder, develop an idea, and start a technology company from scratch.
Across our programmes in Europe and Asia, to date we have helped over 1,200 individuals build more than 200 companies, with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. EF’s companies have been funded by many of the leading venture investors in Europe, Asia and Silicon Valley. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
EF itself is backed by some of the world’s best investors, including the founders of LinkedIn, DeepMind and PayPal and runs cohorts in London, Singapore, Hong Kong, Berlin, Paris and Bangalore.
We are looking for an Interim Head of Finance (Maternity Cover) to join our Finance and Operations Team who are responsible for developing and maintaining the operational backbone of our business.
The role will report into one of our General Partners and be responsible for managing and scaling the key business functions of management information, financial accounting and fund management. This is a role with lots of autonomy and self direction day-to-day, and will be an excellent opportunity to be involved in the strategic decision making of Entrepreneur First as we continue to scale. You will have full autonomy at implementing and driving the processes needed to improve operational effectiveness across the Finance & Fund Operations Team.
- High quality work - you demonstrate operational excellence and ensure quality and integrity in everything that you do. You work proactively and reactively and never lose sight that creating and supporting thoughtful and well organised experiences for our team and cohort is the top priority
- Self starter attitude - you tackle your work and take ownership of results
- You are a proactive, effective communicator
- You’re excited about working in a diverse, distributed team
- You have strong attention to detail
- You’re analytical and enjoy problem solving
- You want to help streamline and optimise best practices across the company to help us scale
- Manage 3 direct reports with a wider team of 7 across the London and Singapore Finance and Fund Operations Teams
- Champion company-wide budgetary planning and subsequently oversee and review progress against budgets
- Ensure that our financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future scale, including international growth
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Manage our finance team to ensure sound business-as-usual financial accounting and management, including monthly management and cash reports
- Work with the General Partners on managing our three funds - £150m AUM - across the UK, Singapore and future locations
- Support the General Partners in the continued iteration of our fund deployment strategy
- Ensure that our fund operations systems and processes are efficient, scalable and effective
- Collaborate with our Fund Administrators and Auditors to ensure timely and accurate completion of statutory requirements and commitments to investors, including quarterly reporting and annual fund audit
- Managing finance functions in complex, multi-geography, multi-entity businesses
- C-level stakeholder management
- 5+ years of post-qualification experience, ideally working as a Head of Finance or equivalent in a prior role.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA
Location and Start Date
You’ll be based at The Biscuit Factory, 100 Clements Road, Bermondsey, SE16 4DG and would start in August 2019
You will receive a market related base salary on top of potential upside via returns in our funds’ profits.
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.