Entrepreneur First is the world's leading Talent Investor.
We invest in the world’s most ambitious technologists to help them build world-class deep tech startups from scratch. Since 2011, we’ve created over 200+ startups worth over $1.5 billion including Tractable, OpenCosmos, CloudNC and Cleo. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, which was acquired by Twitter for a $150m. EF is backed by Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) and Greylock Partners, Mosaic Ventures, Founders Fund, Lakestar and some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
The Form Manager will own the process of building startups from scratch in our Singapore office - how we turn individuals into teams, and how we develop world changing ideas. This is a high responsibility role with an opportunity for immediate impact, a steep learning curve, as well as long-term incentives and development.
At EF, the Form Team enables the world’s most ambitious individuals to build world changing companies. This means identifying a cohort of 100+ individuals and helping turn them into world-class startups. After the Form stage, EF invests and the Launch Team prepares them for external funding.
It once seemed impossible to build companies from scratch. Over the past 8 years, we've built a robust, scalable way to do this. Our method creates some of the most valuable startups produced in Europe and Asia. EF has a unique opportunity to develop the secret to building billion dollar companies from scratch. No other organisation has access to this. This is the Form Manager's ‘North Star’.
Read this to find out why the Form matters.
You will manage the team that runs EF Singapore's Form programme. This is the main company building part of EF and is a 14 week programme that begins from when we offer an individual, through to when we invest in the company they create. This team catalyses the work done by our Talent and Admissions efforts. This is the core of EF’s unique methodology.
The total Singapore Team, which you'll be an integral part of, has the following responsibilities:
1. Talent and Admissions Support pre-EF’s initial offer.
As Form Manager, you won't just be involved in company building, but in finding the best early stage founders too. You will encourage the smartest and highest potential candidates to apply to the programme, then identify the best and brightest applicants from the pool. This is a unique challenge: no other organisation has found a way of assessing individuals’ raw potential to be founders.
- Participate in our talent outreach through sourcing pipelines and high touch interactions
- Support the selection and interview process
2. Cultivation. Ensure everyone we offer to join EF, joins.
Every person we offer that doesn’t join is a missed opportunity to build something massive. Your mission is to ensure offer holders know EF is the highest value use of their time. Joining EF should be as extraordinary an experience as joining Harvard, McKinsey, or Google.
- Create a world class pre-joining experience for offer holders.
- Spend time with offer holders to ensure they join.
- Problem solve with selected offer holders to prepare them.
3. Team building. Crack the code for founding teams.
As Form Manager, you'll have responsibility for the quality of companies that are created during EF Form. We have developed a robust team building method. But, there is still much to learn. Your mission is to build as many strong teams as possible.
- Work with sole founders to help them progress into teams.
- Actively manage team breakups and formation.
- Develop EF's team building frameworks.
- Use EF's data to create optimal co-founding teams.
4. Ideation. Ensure the teams work on high potential ideas
We influence what ideas EF founders work on enormously. Your mission is to make these ideas as high potential as possible.
- Work with EF founders to develop their ideas.
- Develop EF's frameworks on ideation.
You should excel with process and people, be strategic but enjoy getting your hands dirty and want a fast paced role. You should have high EQ and be able to move between moments of high intensity decision making as well as emotive and difficult interpersonal situations.
- Have been a founder or worked in an early-stage startup.
- Worked at a top tier company.
- Worked in or with startups at a senior level.
- Be an expert problem solver who thinks on their feet
- Have high EQ and enjoy working with people
- Be an engaged upside thinker
- Be extremely ambitious
- Have a strong growth mindset
- Have outstanding organisational skills
- Be a strong communicator
- Be very comfortable with managing competing priorities
Training and development
Your experience will be invaluable, but nowhere are startups built the way they are built at EF. We will teach you the method we have taken 8 years to create. You will work with the EF Singapore's Form Lead (François Le Nguyen) and Asia's Managing Director to hone this method.
Reporting: You will report to the Singapore Form Lead (François Le Nguyen) and manage the Form Team (5+ people).
- Changing how startups are created around the world
- An extremely smart and ambitious team
- A generous holiday allowance (20 days + national holidays + the weeks of Christmas & CNY)
- An annual training allowance to support your professional development
- Regular team events and global retreats
Remuneration is based on experience. This is a crucial role for EF, and we want to incentivise you accordingly.
Location: You will be based in EF's offices at 32 Carpenter St, with periodic training in London.
Start Date: Flexible
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.