TALENT ACQUISITION ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION
Singapore, June 2019
ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR FIRST
Entrepreneur First was founded in 2011 by Alice Bentinck and Matt Clifford with the aim of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to build the most important companies, and that is still true today. We are the world’s leading talent investor; we invest time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them find a co-founder, develop an idea, and start a technology company from scratch.
Across our programmes in Europe and Asia, to date we have helped over 1,200 individuals build more than 200 companies, with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. EF’s companies have been funded by many of the leading venture investors in Europe, Asia and Silicon Valley. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
EF itself is backed by some of the world’s best investors, including the founders of LinkedIn, DeepMind and PayPal and runs cohorts in London, Singapore, Hong Kong, Berlin, Paris and Bangalore.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Associate to join our Global People team.
The role will report to our People Lead (based in London), with a dotted line to our Singapore Finance & Operations Lead, and will provide full cycle recruitment support for our locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangalore. This is a role with lots of autonomy and self direction day-to-day, and will be an excellent opportunity to own the internal team hiring in Asia, as well as getting wider exposure to other areas of HR.
- High quality work - you demonstrate operational excellence and ensure quality and integrity in everything that you do. You work proactively and reactively and never lose sight that creating and supporting thoughtful and well organised experiences for candidates and hiring managers is the top priority
- Self starter attitude - you tackle your work and take ownership of results
- You are a proactive, effective communicator
- You’re excited about working in a diverse, distributed team
- You’re able to handle all situations and data sensitively and in confidence
- You have strong attention to detail
- You’re analytical and enjoy problem solving
- You want to help streamline and optimise best practices across the company to help us scale
- You’ll be responsible for full cycle team recruitment across our three Asian locations in Singapore, Bangalore and Hong Kong. This will include scheduling, interviewing and running debrief sessions
- You will provide a transparent, efficient and high touch experience for every candidate from application stage through to the offer process
- You will build and maintain a robust candidate pipeline while working with Marketing to promote Entrepreneur First’s employer brand via social media channels (Twitter, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Partner directly with hiring managers to form a consultative relationship and to understand their specific needs to attract and bring in top talent
- Work closely with EF’s People Lead, and Asian Leads, to relay the status of searches and candidate pipeline
- Work closely with the wider People team to transition successful candidates through to onboarding and ensure a first class experience for new hires joining the team
- Plan and coordinate with other team members and departments an excellent on-boarding experience for new hires
- Identify recruiting process improvements to scale to hiring needs
- Track and report on recruitment metrics
- Support on ad hoc People initiatives and projects, as and when required.
- 2+ years of full cycle recruitment experience, ideally with some in-house experience
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to source, screen and build strong relationships with external candidates of all levels and skill sets
- Proficient in a variety of sourcing tools (LinkedIn, AngelList, etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills - you will also love the team environment and working with lots of different people
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Consistent follow-up and follow-through to completion
- Experienced with managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast paced environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Excels working closely with a geographically dispersed team.
Location and Start Date
You’ll be based at our Singapore offices at 32 Carpenter Street, #03-01, Singapore 059911 and would start as soon as possible.
You will receive a market related base salary on top of potential upside via returns in our funds’ profits.
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.