Entrepreneur First brings together the world’s most ambitious people to build startups from scratch in Europe and Asia. We help individuals form teams, develop ideas, and subsequently raise funding from investors to build the world’s most important companies.
To date we have helped over 1,000 individuals build 150 companies with a total valuation of just under $1.5 billion. They're funded by leading VCs and Angels investors from across Europe and the US, including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, and Y Combinator. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, led by Rob Bishop and Zehan Wang, which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
Our model of building companies has been backed and validated by Silicon Valley’s top investors. We recently raised US$12.4M in a round led by Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn, with participation from Greylock Partners, Founders Fund and other top US venture capital firms as well as the DeepMind founders.
The Entrepreneur First program is divided into two parts. First, we recruit individuals who iterate on team and idea fit during Form. The teams we fund after Form incorporate as companies and become part of Launch, the second part of the programme. Launch’s goal is to accelerate companies towards our regional Investor Day in Singapore and raise seed stage investments.
We’re hiring a Launch Associate in our Hong Kong office who will play a vital role in helping accelerate the companies we invest in towards our Asia Investor Days well as support them in their seed stage fundraising process.
The role sits within our Asia Launch team which is responsible for Launch throughout Asia. As our Launch Associate in Hong Kong, you’ll be a key part of our team on the ground in our newest Asia location. You will own all Launch and funding related operations and cohort experience locally, building on our best practices at a regional and global level. To do this, you’ll work closely with our Launch Advisor who will own cohort outcomes in Hong Kong. Internally, your role will revolve around our teams and their experience of Launch. Externally, you’ll work to connect teams with our local investors and advisors. This is a demanding but exciting role with lots of self direction day-to-day.
1) Cohort Operations & Experience
You will be the point person for teams on the ground going through the launch and fundraising process. The companies we fund are our biggest evangelists, your job will be to design, manage and implement processes on the ground in Hong Kong which give them a five star experience. Operations include our investment process at the start of launch, scheduling check-ins between teams and advisors throughout the program, and connecting teams to the investors and people in our community they need to succeed.
2) Network & Community Building
One of EF’s top strategic priorities is building out our local network in Hong Kong. This includes bringing in value-adding advisors for our companies to connect to for advice. As our Associate, you’ll need to both liaise with individuals in this network to make connections and setup meetings, as well as contributing to building out the network itself.
3) Connecting to Investors
You will be the point person for investors who are interested to invest into EF companies. By leveraging on EF's global networks, you will help the companies to meet with local and international VCs, family offices and angel investors, increasing their chance of fundraising after Investor day.
You should have:
- A strong educational background
- 1-2 years of prior work experience
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, are confident with public speaking and written communication
- Have a hands on work ethic - we like people who get things done and actively seek ownership
- Are confident taking ownership of crucial parts of our business in Hong Kong
- Are an expert problem solver and able to think fast and independently on your feet
- Have background knowledge of startups and the venture financing system
- Are comfortable working with a remote regional and global team
Bonus points for:
- International work experience in Asia
- Experience working in a startup
Reporting: You will report to our Asia Launch Manager (based in Singapore) and work closely with the rest of the Asia Launch team.
You'll also get to:
- Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most exceptional individuals and have the opportunity to work in an institution that can change the way the most ambitious people think about their careers.
- Supercharge your learning - you’ll have a very steep learning curve and work alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team.
- Embed yourself within the EF network - we work with the best founders and investors in the region
- 20 days of leave per year plus 1 week break at Christmas and Chinese New Year
- Book allowance of HK$1,000 to build up your tech and startup knowledge
Location: You will be based full time in our offices in Hong Kong with travel to Singapore for onboarding, training/team building and demo day.
Start Date: ASAP