Entrepreneur First is the world's leading Talent Investor
We invest in the world’s most ambitious technologists to help them build world-class deep tech startups from scratch. Since 2011, we’ve created over 150+ startups worth over $1.5 billion including Tractable, OpenCosmos, CloudNC and Cleo. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, which was acquired by Twitter for a $150m. EF is backed by Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) and Greylock Partners, Mosaic Ventures, Founders Fund, Lakestar and some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
You will be part of the Berlin Form Team. This team handles the EF experience from first conversation, through the moment people are selected to join, until they have an investable startup. This is the core of EF’s unique methodology.
The Form Team handles the following components:
Cultivation: Ensure everyone we offer to join EF, joins
Every person we offer that doesn’t join is a missed opportunity to build something massive. Your mission is to ensure offer holders know EF is the highest value use of their time.
- Create a world class pre-joining experience for offer holders
- Spend time with offer holders to ensure they join
- Problem solve with selected offer holders to prepare them
Team building: Crack the code for founding teams
We have developed a robust team building method. But, there is still much to learn. Your mission is to build as many strong teams as possible.
- Work with sole founders to help them progress into teams
- Actively manage team breakups and formation.
- Develop EF's team building frameworks.
- Use EF's data to create optimal cofounding teams.
Ideation: Ensure the teams work on high potential ideas
We influence what ideas EF founders work on enormously. Your mission is to make these ideas as high potential as possible.
- Work with EF founders to develop their ideas.
- Develop EF's frameworks on ideation.
- Be an expert problem solver who thinks on their feet
- Have a strong analytical & growth mindset
- Have high EQ and enjoy working with technologists
- Be extremely ambitious
- Have outstanding organisational skills (excel with process)
- Be a strong communicator (excel with people)
- Be very comfortable with managing competing priorities
What you get
This is an Associate level role, with a competitive salary and performance based remuneration. This role can expect significant upside from our fund through our carry plan.
In addition to the financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship - and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally
- Working in a buzzing space full of technical founders and being part of an enthusiastic and fast-paced team
- Holidays: 23 days per year plus 2 week Christmas and New Year shut down
- Salary sacrifice schemes: Cycle to Work and Technology (phones, laptops, fitness watches etc)
- L&D Allowance: A yearly allowance to put towards your personal development (conferences, courses, coach etc)
- Wellness Allowance: A yearly allowance to put towards Wellness Activities (gym memberships, yoga classes, running shoes, subscription to Headspace etc)
- Equipment: We'll give you €1,600 to choose the equipment that will help you to do your job most effectively
- Global Retreats: Annual get-togethers with our global colleagues
Remuneration, Location and Start Date
Remuneration is based on experience. This is a crucial role for EF, and we want to incentivise you accordingly, with potential carry based upside worth roughly equal your cash remuneration.
Location: You will be based in EF's offices at Factory Gorlitzer Park, Lohmühlenstraße 65, 12435 Berlin
Start Date: ASAP
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.