Entrepreneur First brings together the world’s most ambitious people to build startups from scratch in Europe and Asia. We help individuals form teams, develop ideas, and subsequently raise funding from investors to build the world’s most important companies.
To date we have helped over 1,000 individuals build 200 companies with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. We have raised more than $200 million from leading VCs and Angel investors from across Europe and the US, including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, and Y Combinator. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, led by Rob Bishop and Zehan Wang, which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
Most recently, we have raised US$12.4M in a round led by Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn, with participation from Greylock Partners, Founders Fund and other top US venture capital firms, as well as the founders of DeepMind.
You will be part of the Form Team. This team handles the EF experience from first conversation, through the moment people are selected to join, until they have an investable startup. This is the core of EF’s unique methodology.
The Form Team handles the following components:
1. Talent and Admissions Support pre-EF’s initial offer.
You will encourage the smartest and highest potential candidates to apply to the programme, then identify the best and brightest applicants from the pool. This is a unique challenge: no other organisation has found a way of assessing individuals’ raw potential to be founders.
- Support and play a key role in our talent outreach through sourcing, 1:1 conversations with potential founders and events
- Support and play a key role in the selection and interview process
2. Cultivation. Ensure everyone we offer to join EF, joins.
Every person we offer that doesn’t join is a missed opportunity to build something massive. Your mission is to ensure offer holders know EF is the highest value use of their time. Joining EF should be as extraordinary an experience as joining Harvard, DeepMind, or Google.
- Create a world class pre joining experience for offer holders.
- Spend time with offer holders to ensure they join.
- Problem solve with selected offer holders to prepare them.
3. Team building. Crack the code for founding teams.
We have developed a robust team building method. But, there is still much to learn. Your mission is to build as many strong teams as possible.
- Work with sole founders to help them progress into teams
- Actively manage team breakups and formation.
- Develop EF's team building frameworks.
- Use EF's data to create optimal cofounding teams.
4. Ideation. Ensure the teams work on high potential ideas.
We influence what ideas EF founders work on enormously. Your mission is to make these ideas as high potential as possible.
- Work with EF founders to develop their ideas.
- Develop EF's frameworks on ideation.
- Be an expert problem solver who thinks on their feet
- Have high EQ and enjoy working with technologists
- Be extremely ambitious
- Have a strong growth mindset
- Have outstanding organisational skills (excel with process)
- Be a strong communicator (excel with people)
- Be very comfortable with managing competing priorities
You will report into the London Form Manager, Elspeth Lawson.
Renumeration & Start Date
You’ll be paid at the Associate level in both salary and carry remuneration. This is a crucial role for EF, and we want to incentivise you accordingly. We are looking for the selected candidate to start early-mid September 2019.
You'll also get to:
- Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most ambitious individuals and have the opportunity to help start an institution that can change the way the most ambitious people think about their careers
- Supercharge your learning - you’ll have a very steep learning curve and work alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team
- Embed yourself within the EF network. We work with the best founders and investors in the region
- Enjoy a generous holiday allowance (23 days + 2 weeks at Christmas)
- Enhance your skills and knowledge with our learning and development allowance
- Have access to our health and fitness allowance
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.