Entrepreneur First brings together the world’s most ambitious people to build startups from scratch in Europe and Asia. We help individuals form teams, develop ideas, and subsequently raise funding from investors to build the world’s most important companies.
To date we have helped over 1,000 individuals build 150 companies with a total valuation of just under $1.5 billion. They're funded by leading VCs and Angels investors from across Europe and the US, including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, and Y Combinator. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, led by Rob Bishop and Zehan Wang, which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
Most recently, we have raised US$12.4M in a round led by Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn, with participation from Greylock Partners, Founders Fund and other top US venture capital firms as well as the Deep Mind founders.
EF now faces the biggest and most exciting challenge in its history: scaling to become a globally important institution. In line with this global mission, we have opened an EF Form programme in Bangalore to be accessible the world's most ambitious and talented individuals. To help support this process, we are on the lookout for a Form Associate to join our team.
Form is at the heart of everything we do at EF: during 6 months you will find and select the best potential founders, help them figure out what to work on, and who to work with. The output of your work are great co-founding teams with viable ideas who have enough traction and progress to be funded by EF.
This role offers you the chance to be part of the founding team for a new location; creating EF culture abroad, and work on the IP for the company’s most crucial scaling mechanism.
Joining EF in Bangalore means that you’ll be involved in all aspects of Form. You will be working right at the heart of EF's unique methodology which consists of:
1. Talent and Admissions
You will encourage the smartest and highest potential candidates to apply to the programme and then work to identify the best and brightest from the pool. This is a unique challenge: no other organisation has found a way of assessing individuals’ raw potential to be founders.
- Participate in our talent outreach through sourcing pipelines and high touch interactions.
- Support the selection and interview process.
2. Cultivation. Ensure everyone we offer to join EF, joins.
Every person we offer that doesn’t join is a missed opportunity to build something massive. Your mission is to ensure offer holders know EF is the highest value use of their time. Joining EF should be as extraordinary an experience as joining Harvard, McKinsey, or Google.
- Create a world class pre-joining experience for offer holders.
- Spend time with offer holders to ensure they join.
- Problem solve with selected offer holders to prepare them.
3. Team building. Crack the code for founding teams.
We have developed a robust team building method. But, there is still much to learn. Your mission is to build as many strong teams as possible.
- Work with sole founders to help them progress into teams
- Actively manage team breakups and formation.
- Develop EF's team building frameworks.
- Use EF's data to create optimal co-founding teams.
4. Ideation. Ensure the teams work on high potential ideas
We influence what ideas EF founders work on enormously. Your mission is to make these ideas as high potential as possible.
- Work with EF founders to develop their ideas.
- Develop EF's frameworks on ideation.
You should have:
- Experience working in startups (preferably as part of the co-founding team or as an early employee).
You also are:
- Someone with strong persuasion and interpersonal communication skills to be a meaningful advocate for EF.
- A culture carrier. People in the teams you’ve worked with see you as a leader, if not in accountability, then in how you impact the people around you.
- Smart and resourceful with the ability to pick up a variety of tasks and execute them to a high standard.
- Extremely ambitious: you see yourself as a future leader within EF, or technology as a field.
You’ll also get to:
- Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most ambitious individuals and have the opportunity to help start an institution that can change the way the most ambitious people think about their careers.
- Supercharge your learning - you’ll have a very steep learning curve and work alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team.
- Embed yourself within the EF network - we work with the best founders and investors in the region.
Location: You will be based at our offices in Bangalore (Koramangala).
Start Date: By January 2019.