Entrepreneur First is the world's leading company builder.
We invest in the world’s most ambitious technologists to help them build world-class deep tech startups from scratch. Since 2011, we’ve created over 150+ startups worth over $1.5 billion including Tractable, OpenCosmos, CloudNC and Cleo. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, which was acquired by Twitter for a $150m. EF is backed by Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) and Greylock Partners, Mosaic Ventures, Founders Fund, Lakestar and some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
The Form Manager will own the process of building startups from scratch in our Paris office - how we turn individuals into teams, and how we develop world changing ideas. This is a a high responsibility role with an opportunity for immediate impact, a steep learning curve, as well as long-term incentives and development.
At EF, the Form Team enables the world’s most ambitious individuals to build world changing companies. This means identifying a cohort of 50+ individuals and helping turn them into world-class startups. After the Form stage, EF invests and the Launch Team prepares them for external funding.
It once seemed impossible to build companies from scratch. Over the past 5 years, we've built a robust, scalable way to do this. Our method creates some of the most valuable startups produced in Europe and Asia. EF has a unique opportunity to develop the secret to building billion dollar companies from scratch. No other organisation has access to this. This is the Form Manager's ‘North Star’.
You will manage the team that runs the Form programme. This team supports the Talent and Admissions efforts and handles the EF experience through the moment people are selected to join until they have an investable startup. This is the core of EF’s unique methodology.
The Form Team handles the following components:
1. Talent and Admissions Support pre-EF’s initial offer.
You will encourage the smartest and highest potential candidates to apply to the programme, then identify the best and brightest applicants from the pool. This is a unique challenge: no other organisation has found a way of assessing individuals’ raw potential to be founders.
- Participate in our talent outreach through sourcing pipelines and high touch interactions
- Support the selection and interview process
2. Cultivation. Ensure everyone we offer to join EF, joins.
Every person we offer that doesn’t join is a missed opportunity to build something massive. Your mission is to ensure offer holders know EF is the highest value use of their time. Joining EF should be as extraordinary an experience as joining Harvard, McKinsey, or Google.
- Create a world class pre-joining experience for offer holders.
- Spend time with offer holders to ensure they join.
- Problem solve with selected offer holders to prepare them.
3. Team building. Crack the code for founding teams.
We have developed a robust team building method. But, there is still much to learn. Your mission is to build as many strong teams as possible.
- Work with sole founders to help them progress into teams
- Actively manage team breakups and formation.
- Develop EF's team building frameworks.
- Use EF's data to create optimal co-founding teams.
4. Ideation. Ensure the teams work on high potential ideas
We influence what ideas EF founders work on enormously. Your mission is to make these ideas as high potential as possible.
- Work with EF founders to develop their ideas.
- Develop EF's frameworks on ideation.
You should excel with process and people, be strategic but enjoy getting your hands dirty and want a fast paced role.
- Have a strong academic record
- Have worked at a top tier company
- Have worked in or with startups at a manager level
- Be perfectly fluent in English
- Ideally also be fluent in French
- Be an expert problem solver who thinks on their feet
- Have high EQ and enjoy working with people
- Be extremely ambitious
- Have a strong growth mindset
- Have outstanding organisational skills
- Be a strong communicator
- Be very comfortable with managing competing priorities
Training and development
Your experience will be invaluable, but nowhere are startups build the way they are built at EF. We will teach you the method we have taken 5 years to create. You will work with the Paris General Manager (Coralie Chaufour) and Europe's Managing Director (Allister Furey) to hone this method.
Reporting: You will report into the Paris General Manager (Coralie Chaufour) and manage the Form Team (2+ people).
- Changing how startups are created around the world
- An extremely smart and ambitious team
- An annual training allowance to support your professional development
- Regular team events and global retreats
You’ll be paid up to 60k euros depending on experience, with carry or equity-based upside worth roughly equal your cash remuneration. This is a crucial role for EF, and we want to incentivise you accordingly.
Location: You will be based in EF's offices at Station F, 5 Parvis Alan Turing, 75013 Paris
Start Date: December 2018 to February 2019