EF is Europe and Asia’s leading early-stage investor in deep technology companies. We help the world's most talented individuals to build high growth technology companies from scratch. Over the last four years, we’ve built more than 100 startups, which are collectively worth over $1 billion. This summer, we raised a $12.4m funding round led by Reid Hoffman, Greylock, Founders Fund and some of the world’s best entrepreneurs.
As the Finance Manager you will oversee a broad range of duties in this hands on role, supporting the Finance and Operations Team as EF scales internationally as well as playing a key role in influencing non finance stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
Build the infrastructure that allows our company to scale:
- Support the Head of Finance in developing and improving management reporting across the business
- Review the existing accounting systems in place, and evaluate options for improving the efficiency of the finance team
- Assist in rolling out a new Global Budget process
- Implement robust financial controls and processes across the organisation
Track, Analyse and Report on our Global financial performance:
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of monthly management accounts
- Develop relationships with key-stakeholders across the business to enable regular feedback of Actuals vs Budget
- Provide Ad-Hoc analysis as required to support the wider EF Team with decision making
Ensure the Finance function operates efficiently and effectively:
- Manage a Finance Associate who will assist with day-to-day operations
- Work closely with our external accountants to complete Payroll and statutory reporting across our European offices
- Ideally you will be a CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified with 2-5 years experience gained within a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- International exposure and Xero experience is a bonus
- Positive Outlook. This means:
- No task is too small and no project is too daunting
- You are a high energy individual with a can-do, no-excuses attitude
- You are a highly organised and thrive off getting things done to a high standard
- You are exceptionally pro-active and meticulous in your work, with great attention to detail
- Both strategic and operational. Ideally, you:
- Must have a passion for getting things done, and an appreciation for details.
- Must believe in continual process improvement, and can champion the change you want to see in the business
- Are able to work with the Head of Finance to set the direction for the Finance & Operations team, and understand how this translates to actionable plans, which you will lead on implementing
- Share our values. This means you:
- Believe that technology can shape the future
- Want to be a part of that change by helping to build a world-class institution
- Want to set big goals and push yourself and others to greatness
What you get
Salary dependent on experience.
The benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship - and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally
- Being part of a buzzing space full of technical founders and being part of a small and fast paced team
- A generous pension contribution
- A 6 week holiday allowance (including the two weeks of Christmas and New Year)
- A book allowance to help us collectively build the EF library
- Access to our Cycle to Work and Technology schemes.
If you’re interested in this role, please email Danielle Silvestro (email@example.com) with your CV and an email outlining why you are interested in the job.