We’re looking for someone who can help us to create the technology product that underpins what EF does. This role would suit an experienced product manager who has previous experience working with Series A stage startups.
EF was founded on the belief that the world is missing out on some of its best founders. We support extraordinary individuals who don’t yet have a company to find the best co-founder for them and then raise seed funding from world-class investors.
When we started in 2012, this model sounded crazy, but over the past five years we have built some of the most valuable companies coming out of Europe and Asia. EF has now created - and invested in - more than 100 companies, which are now worth almost a billion dollars, and have raised >$100m in venture capital. Magic Pony Technology was created through the EF process and exited to Twitter in 2016 for $150m, just 18 months after it was founded.
In September we raised a $12m A-round led by Reid Hoffman and other renowned investors to scale our mission of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to become founders. This is a key inflection point for EF, as we continue to grow our team and expand our international presence.
What you’ll do
Your primary role is to act as Product Manager for the engineering function at EF. You will also work alongside the regional MDs to provide support to them where required. You role will include:
- Understanding the needs and desires of our customers and delivering a world class, and globally relevant, tech product to meet their needs
- Iterating on EF’s existing software product, with a focus on international scalability
- Creating new software products for EF, including a new community product
- Working alongside EF’s technical lead and team to support on the development and delivery of products
- Working with the MDs to put into place new product ideas and changes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is excited about EF’s mission and is ambitious in interpreting it
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is used to mediating between teams
- Is empathetic to our customers and excited about how we can build a life changing product for them
- Is a world class product manager (5+ years experience in a product role), who can bring design thinking and technical expertise to EF
- Is able to influence and work with senior leaders across the EF organisation
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment
This is a Lead level role at EF and will be compensated accordingly with both salary and carry points.
You will be part of our Global team, based in EF’s HQ in London. You will report to Alice Bentinck, cofounder of EF.