Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Strategy Directors at Work & Co help conceive and create visionary digital products that people use everyday. With one eye on the future, they use superior analytical skills and strategic thinking to address complex business, design, and technical needs.
Work & Co’s methodology emphasizes hands-on skills across all departments. For Strategy Directors, this means being able to develop a deep understanding of a client’s business, generate insights, and translate those into a plan of action. We are looking for individuals ready to quickly ramp-up on new industries and business models, define client goals, competition and target audiences, and deliver valuable product recommendations that transform brands. Upfront skills such as an ability to conduct user research are welcome, but we prefer people comfortable with defining strategy for the full life cycle of a digital product, from vision and conception to launch and optimization. Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships and build trust with empowered decision-makers is essential.
Teams at Work & Co are small and highly senior. Strategy Directors work alongside company partners and the top designers and engineers in the industry, as well as with category-defining clients.
What You Will Do
- Partner with clients to understand business models, objectives, and user behaviors and synthesize those insights to develop product visions and long-term product roadmaps
- Solve problems with a hypothesis-driven approach, combining a deep understanding of user behavior and client business drivers
- Provide a business-driven perspective to shape and frame designs
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and engineers to conceptualize, design, and deliver multi-platform applications
- Evaluate results and help optimize products post-launch
We Are Looking For
- 10+ years of experience helping to create digital products
- Ability to look at a situation, deconstruct it, and devise a way to make it better
- Experience with proposing project KPIs and validating them via both qualitative research and analytics
- Ability to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industries
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to persuasively present and defend your own strategic thinking and synthesis
- Ability to gain insight and modify your thinking based on the contributions and perspectives of others
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.