Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
We are looking for a driven, talented candidate to help us build our emerging discipline.
As a writer, you will give digital products a personality. You will also be involved in all aspects of product development, from initial concepting through final execution and delivery. Your writing will shape user interfaces, enhance UX, define product value propositions, and clarify in-app messaging. You should also be able to help develop tone of voice guidelines, craft short- and long-form copy, and compose brand manifestos. All while collaborating closely with fellow writers, designers, developers, strategists, and product managers.
This position is based in our Brooklyn office, but may support our other offices in Portland, Brazil, and Copenhagen.
What You Can Expect to Do
- Deliver clean, professional writing that is true to brand voice and communicates powerful product narratives for clients.
- Take complicated product challenges and translate them into compelling and engaging brand stories that are understandable and interesting.
- Help produce best-in-class digital product user experiences.
- Collaborate with team members to develop consistent messaging.
What We’re After
- 2+ years of experience, including creating websites, apps, and other digital products.
- Proven ability to write professionally for a wide variety of audiences and industries.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience across different platforms.
- An interest in and knowledge of current and emerging online technology.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.