Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Teams at Work & Co are small and highly senior. The Director of QA will work alongside company partners and the top designers and technologists in the industry to deliver quality products for category-defining clients. This person will play a hands-on QA role in projects including defining team structure, developing and executing on an overall functional testing plan, and selecting the tools to ensure product goals are met.
Beyond project work, this director will also work with QA, Product Management, and Technology leadership to further grow the capability and define best practices. This person will join the larger technology team to evolve our quality philosophy as a whole and how it shapes the products we launch. They are responsible for the leadership and development of a team of QA Analysts, providing training and guidance for those seeking to develop and improve their QA skills.
What You Will Do
- Work with QA Directors, Technical Directors, and Technology partners to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed company and client quality goals.
- Define QA strategy, approach and execution on a range of development projects.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Quality Assurance team and across broader company
- Monitoring of QA activities, including test results, leaked defects, providing root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement for the project and QA team. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather, analyze, and present testing metrics and activities to key project stakeholders.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and mentoring a team of QA Analysts
We Are Looking For
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience managing testing departments or testing functions, including managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Experience testing highly interactive web and mobile applications in an agency/start up environment working closely with cross-functional teammates.
- Proven ability collaborating with Product Managers, Developers, and other QA team members to define how best to integrate automation into existing processes alongside manual testing.
- Hands-on experience in working with client teams in order to successfully handover automation deliverable
- Deep experience at managing and mentoring teams of QA Analysts-- supporting in career development, team resource planning, and training
- Advanced familiarity with tracking tools such as JIRA, Clubhouse and Trello
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - a demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and solutions in a clear and simple manner to a variety of stakeholders.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.