Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Team planning at Work & Co is vital to our overall employee experience and company success. We’re looking for a Director of Resourcing who has a keen interest in helping create the best teams for our exciting roster of clients. This person will work across disciplines to staff projects with teams that bring the perfect skill sets, experience, and perspectives. Equally important, this person will match employees with teams that fit their interests and goals. By pairing team members with dynamic, challenging projects, employees continue to grow within their craft and develop within the company.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for growing people and building teams. They have leadership experience in the digital world and a solid understanding of the project lifecycle. They are an exceptional communicator and bring a desire to foster each employee’s unique talents and goals.
The Director of Resourcing will be based in our Brooklyn office.
What you can expect to do
- Lead the global team planning group across Brooklyn, Portland, Sao Paulo, Rio, Copenhagen, and Belgrade, working with resourcing managers across offices.
- Provide support and mentorship to more junior resource managers
- Develop a deep understanding of employee skills, goals, and interests to ensure project assignments foster growth for employees while delivering exceptional products
- Partner with the business development team for ongoing prioritization of new projects, planning program growth, and assigning future project teams
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Partners to address team requests and ensure resources are staffed appropriately
- Build relationships and trust with key stakeholders to provide thought leadership on global team planning/people related strategies
- Lead company-wide resource management meetings and initiatives
- Partner with Recruiting to confirm hiring priorities
What we’re after
- Experience at a digital agency in resourcing management
- Experience managing a dispersed resourcing team
- Solid communications skills - professional and approachable in conversations and written communications
- An enthusiasm for working with cross-functional teammates to gain a deep understanding of their skills, goals, and interests
- Proven problem-solving ability-- you will be expected to think on your feet to suggest smart, creative solutions to resourcing issues
- Flexibility to adapt with the constantly-changing project lifecycle
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills-- you will often need to balance a number of competing needs at any one time.
- A high-level of discretion with sensitive information
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.