Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
QA Analysts at Work & Co are responsible for the testing of complete, interactive web and mobile applications. The QA Analyst reviews product specifications and develops effective test strategies, plans, architectures and chooses the tools to ensure product goals are met. This person will also help product prioritize fixes and estimate bug impacts. He or she will help establish team best practices and methods for refining existing approaches.
As a QA Analyst Intern, you will be paired with a mentor working on real client projects to perform tests and track defects. You will sit in on client meetings and work directly with our Designers, Developers and Product Managers to ensure our products are meeting all requirements. In addition to your day to day work, you will attend a number of workshops with other interns to learn about the digital product space and the contributions of other disciplines at Work & Co. This is a great opportunity to work on engagements alongside company partners as well as the top designers and engineers in the industry.
The internship will run from June 3rd to August 23rd.
Please record a video of yourself answering the following questions, and send over a link to the video with your application:
1. How do you test a toaster?
2. What are the most important skills for a QA Analyst and why?
What You Can Expect to Do
- 12 week internship working side-by-side with Work & Co project teams
- Learn how to analyze business requirements, design documentation, and technical specifications to develop QA plans and other QA documentation that ensure full coverage of all requirements
- Work with your mentor to develop test cases from project documentation
- Perform functional, UI, regression, accessibility, and exploratory testing
- Track, report, and verify defects through to a successful conclusion
- Help facilitate the release management process for project deliveries
- Assist in the User Acceptance Testing process for clients
What We’re After
- Desire to learn how to evaluate sites against web & accessibility standards
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance principles
- Understanding of mobile and web browser technologies
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.