WordPress VIP and Parse.ly are part of the Automattic family of brands. Together, we bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We get to work with customers like Facebook, Salesforce, and Disney and help them create beautiful digital experiences. We are scaling fast and this is an opportunity to join us at this exciting stage of company growth!
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer who has expertise in content marketing using analytics tools or experience with audience development to help create a data-informed content strategy. You will be responsible for understanding workflows and analytics tools of content creators to help the sales team make compelling arguments as to why Parse.ly is the best analytics tool for our customers. Reporting to the Customer Success Lead, you will provide technical leadership to our enterprise sales team and conduct platform demonstrations with prospects, where you'll play a key part in building and maintaining the structure to support our sales programs.
This isn’t your typical work-from-home job — we are a fully-remote company with unlimited paid time off. To see a full list of benefits by country, check out our benefits page.
As a Solutions Engineer at Parse.ly/WordPress VIP, you'll be responsible for:
- Partnering proactively with Sales and Customer Success to qualify new business opportunities in terms of technical requirements, competitive landscape, and business drivers.
- Identifying and solving customer problems proactively and creatively through effective project management and consultation on technical setup.
- Building proof of concepts and leading the demo process; including building, running, and training the team based on our buyer personas, verticals, and business priorities.
- Contributing to the RFP/RFI process as the primary point person on technical responses that Account Executives need assistance with.
- Recommending integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on our Cloud.
- Providing technical education to the Sales team to ensure a complete understanding of our platform and services.
You’re thrilled about this opportunity because you have:
- 2+ years experience in a Solutions Engineer or related position with customer-facing experience translating customer technical requirements into value discussions.
- Experience with Parse.ly project implementations, development, community, and standard methodologies.
- An understanding of sales, content marketing, audience development, and analytics tools.
- Demonstrated experience building Proof of Concepts and leading demo presentations.
- Worked closely with Account Executive teams developing solutions on complex sales opportunities.
- Outstanding communication; you should be great at holding people’s attention whether presenting, talking on the phone, or writing a quick blog post.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.