WordPress VIP (WPVIP), the enterprise division of Automattic, is the world’s leading agile content management platform. We help the world's largest companies (including Facebook, Salesforce, and Disney) create innovative digital experiences with WordPress.
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to provide technical leadership to our enterprise sales team, where you'll play a key part in building and maintaining the structure to support our sales programs. You’ll define and implement scalable processes and systems that deliver technical expertise, with a focus on consultative solution-based selling.
We offer flexible, remote work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. For this role, we're prioritizing applicants with deep experience in the market of North America.
As a Solutions Engineer at WordPress VIP, you'll be responsible for:
- Partnering proactively with Sales and Customer Success to qualify new business opportunities in terms of technical requirements, competitive landscape, and business drivers.
- Identifying and solving customer problems proactively and creatively through effective project management and consultation on technical setup.
- Building proof of concepts and leading the demo process; including building, running, and training the team based on our buyer personas, verticals, and business priorities.
- Contributing to the RFP/RFI process as the primary point person on technical responses that Account Executives need assistance with.
- Recommending integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on our Cloud.
You’re thrilled about this opportunity because you have:
- 2+ years experience in a Solutions Engineer or related position with customer-facing experience translating customer technical requirements into value discussions.
- Experience with WordPress, PHP, or consulting experience.
- Demonstrated experience building Proof of Concepts and leading demo presentations.
- Worked closely with Account Executive teams developing solutions on complex sales opportunities.
- Outstanding communication; you should be great at holding people’s attention whether presenting, talking on the phone, or writing a quick blog post.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.