BAEMIN is a rising tech unicorn invested by Woowa Brothers, Korea's number 1 food delivery on the business world's map of FoodTech. As we are expanding and ambitious to reach our new milestones, we are acquiring talents who are self-leading, confident and outstanding to accompany us on this journey.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Responsible for building and maintaining the data infrastructure of the company.
- Derive and carry out technical challenges and manage members of the data services team.
1. Data Engineering:
- Work closely with engineering teams to help to build data solutions for Baemin;
- Design, evaluate and implement framework, platform and architecture that can adequately handle the needs of a rapidly growing data driven company;
- Work with Data Scientist to design and build scalable / low latency AI-powered systems.
- Design and build both batch and real-time data pipelines for various data sources: API, flat files, databases, etc.;
- Build and maintain the data warehouse for the company;
- Improve and optimize the workloads, processes to ensure that performance levels can support continuous accurate, reliable, and timely delivery of data products;
- Prepare data for Data Science projects;
- Monitor and optimize the data infrastructure cost to keep it at the reasonable level.
- Remain up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements to ensure the data infrastructure are both scalable and reliable;
- Work with other teams to continuously improve the company’s data infrastructure, data warehouse;
- Coach junior team member;
- Provide suitable training for other teams.
2. Managerial Tasks:
- Periodic report to vertical stakeholders.
- Human resource management of data service team. (recruitment, growth, evaluation)
Your Skills and Experience
- From 5+ years of experience, preferably in big data infrastructure;
- Having around 3+ years of data team managing experience;
- Proficient in common big data toolset in a large-scale environment;
- Experienced in deploying ML models to production;
- Well versed in setting up continuous integration and deployment for big data or other projects;
- Familiar with software development process and culture
- Familiar with 3rd party analytics solutions. (e.g. Amplitude, Looker, Segment, Google Tag Manager)
- Cognitive knowledge of various topics in the data domain (e.g. platforms, analysis, ML, etc)
- Strong programming skill;
- Knowledge and experience in both relational database and NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB);
- Knowledge and experience in cloud-base infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP);
- Excellent communication skill;
- Open mindset on learning, problem-solving;
- Very good at speaking/writing in English;
- (Plus) Have conversation level skills in Korean. (not mandatory)
- Friendship Building, 31 Le Duan, Ben Nghe Ward, Dist 1, HCMC