Work with the best
WOO Network was incubated by Kronos Research, connecting traders, exchanges, institutions, and DeFi platforms with democratized access to the best-in-class liquidity and trading execution at zero or low cost.
The opportunity to work among individuals who are both driven and talented is few and far between. At WOO Network we believe that Web3 is all about breaking down barriers and bringing people together closer than ever before. Our mission of progressing decentralization in an industry that stands at the forefront of innovation has fostered an environment of ingenuity, perseverance, and fulfillment.
Integrity - We act with integrity at every turn
Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways
Teamwork - We value each other’s efforts
Openness - We are transparent with our processes
Courage - We are not afraid of mistakes
Urgency - We seize fleeting opportunities timely
Picture a Tuesday morning at your current job. You use your judgement effectively to spot a solution for an apparent issue. The issue lies in an area that may not be in your jurisdiction, but you decide to offer your opinion anyway, however you struggle to have your voice heard. This is what we strive to change in the working environment at WOO Network. Your voice and opinions are always valued, and we work hard to maintain a culture that is flat, inclusive, and empowering.
A Glimpse into Your Future at WOO
- What will you be working on?
- Implementing GDPR and applicable Personal Data Protection regulations in an international group spanning multiple countries, with the focus on Europe;
- Being in charge of the Personal Data Protection project of the group, which includes not only the group’s internal compliance but also the KYC process on the WOO-X Exchange;
- Preparing and maintaining a high-level group personal data map to ensure that all data processed within the Group is subject to relevant standards and procedures;
- Identifying the need for and creating necessary privacy policies, processes and standards;
- Implementing Personal Data Protection rules working closely with our lawyers, IT, support and administrative departments;
- Implementing procedures to ensure that third parties and Clients engaged are compliant with the Group’s Personal Data Protection standards;
- Developing rules to measure compliance with regulatory record keeping obligations;
- Evaluation of the risks associated with potential personal data breaches and implementing safeguards;
- Conducting Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA’s) on high-risk new systems, applications, workflows and third-party engagements as appropriate and developing action plans (if necessary);
- Responding to Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR’s) and coordinating their resolution;
- Being in charge of the periodic Personal Data Protection audits to evaluate the health of the Group’s compliance and facilitate remedies for potential issues;
- Educating our employees about the Personal Data Protection compliance, their responsibilities and obligations by designing and implementing training programs;
- Overseeing day-to-day operations in terms of Personal Data Protection compliance;
- Monitoring developments in applicable Personal Data Protection laws and regulations and adapting to them accordingly;
- Acting as the Group’s primary point of contact for data protection authorities, employees and Clients;
- Who will you be working with?
- IT Administration Team, the Legal Team, the AML Team & the Management Team.
- What challenges will you face?
- You will develop procedures and internal standards for the administration of personal data within the whole Group.
- You will develop rules to measure compliance with regulatory obligations uniform across all divisions and locations.
- You will be empowered to identify and escalate issues with adequacy and effectiveness of controls and accountability to ensure data protection policies and requirements reflect the actual regulatory demands but at the same time are adequate to business demands.
- What tech stacks/skills will you be using?
- Excellent communications skills both in Polish and English;
- Possessing both legal and technical expertise to fulfill your duties;
- Significant experience managing Personal Data Protection projects;
- Experience with implementing GDPR in companies or organizations;
- Experience in complex management across multiple functions;
- At least a bachelor’s degree in law or a relevant legal or data protection field;
- Possessing at least one Personal Data Protection certification such as CIPP, CIPM or CDPSE is optional but would be a big asset;
- Experience with other Personal Data Protection regulations such as the ones in the UK, UAE, the Bermudas and Turkey is optional but would be a very big asset.
Interested in Learning More?
- Our hiring process begins by meeting with our People Team, who help facilitate the process of placing you in your new role. You can expect to share your experience and ideas in online video interviews with our hiring team, made up of management and potential new colleagues.
- If you have experience in developing trading systems or financial-related products is a plus.
- You can prepare for this interview by mentally organizing your strategies and opinions on topics such as Web3, cryptocurrency trading platforms, and your vision of how to succeed.
- Share this! Don’t be afraid of friends or co-workers stealing this job! If you are amazing and smart we will find a place for you. Check out our External Referral Incentives Program as well. (https://boards.greenhouse.io/wooreferral/jobs/4698841003?utm_source=linkedin)