WOO Network operates a centralised exchange WOO X and a decentralised platform WOOFi, democratising access to top-tier liquidity and exceptional trading execution while keeping costs competitive. Our native token, $WOO offers token holders a unique position to participate, engage, and maximise the benefits of both the DeFi and CeFi ecosystem. Our team of highly-selected 170 employees is located in 12 cities worldwide 🚀
Our vision is to inspire confidence, higher performance, and joy in every user. We have a mission to provide the best liquidity on the best terms. We compete not just on price execution but also on integrity, user experience, innovative tools, and global opportunities.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a proactive and self-driven Senior Java Backend Engineer who can join us along this mission and vision. You’ll become an integral part of the WOO Backend Team, responsible for all the development of the backend services that support our WOO X and internal tools 7*24. The heroes keep improving the performance of our trading system and optimising the stability and scalability of our whole ecosystem. Interested? Keep on reading!
What you’ll be working on:
- Developing the core functions of the trading platform and building the technology infrastructure that supports digital asset trading on the Internet;
- Implementing RestFul and WebSocket API interfaces to support customers in receiving market data and executing orders;
- Establishing a robust, efficient, and concurrent trading system to ensure 7x24 hours of uninterrupted operation;
- Actively conducting efficient communication with the product team and business development team to collect requirements and participate in product planning and system design;
- Proposing practical and feasible solutions and producing technical documents independently.
Our tech stack: Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Gradle, Kubernetes, etc.
Why work with us?
Join us in realising our vision in advancing decentralisation, and leading innovation in CeFi and DeFi. Enjoy work flexibility, a supportive team, and an environment that nurtures your ideas. Plus, expect a performance-based annual bonus for all contributors at WOO 💪
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field;
- At least 5+ years of proven hands-on experience with JVM language (preferably Java);
- Solid experience with any relational database;
- Solid experience with messaging systems (e.g. RocketMq, Kafka);
- Hands-on experience in building service-oriented applications;
- Experience with Kubernetes and Linux;
- Good to have experience with performance tuning and GitLab;
- Good to have experience in developing fintech/trading-related web applications;
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English.
Getting the job
We're actively seeking talented individuals to join our team outside of our typical hiring schedule. This proactive approach allows us to connect with exceptional candidates like you even before specific positions become available.
On average, successful candidates go through five rounds of interviews and tests. Our hiring process begins by meeting with our People Team, who help facilitate the process of placing you in your new role. You can expect to share your experience and ideas in online video interviews with our hiring team, made up of management and potential new colleagues.
Submitting your resume now ensures that you're first in line when new opportunities arise. By doing so, you'll have a head start in the selection process and get a chance to showcase your skills and experience.
Get started on your application here!