WOO Network operates a centralised exchange WOO X and a decentralised platform WOOFi, democratising access to top-tier liquidity and exceptional trading execution while keeping costs competitive. Our native token, $WOO offers token holders a unique position to participate, engage, and maximise the benefits of both the DeFi and CeFi ecosystem. Our team of highly-selected 170 employees is located in 12 cities worldwide 🚀
Our vision is to inspire confidence, higher performance, and joy in every user. We have a mission to provide the best liquidity on the best terms. We compete not just on price execution but also on integrity, user experience, innovative tools, and global opportunities.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Legal Counsel who can join us along this mission and vision. You’ll become an integral part of the Legal team, prioritising the highest standards of legal compliance and regulatory adherence to ensure a secure and trustworthy platform for our users. The team is vital in mitigating legal risks, ensuring regulatory compliance, and conducting KYC procedures and contract reviews. Interested? Keep on reading!
What you’ll be working on:
- Drafting, preparing, and reviewing various contracts, in Chinese and in English.
- Managing, liaising, and leading outside counsels (lawyers and accountants); reviewing and negotiating expenses when necessary.
- Implementing legal policies to ensure that the company's exposure to legal risk is always minimized and managed appropriately.
- Conducting legal research and consulting services.
- Providing professional legal support for the company's business decisions; providing legal advice for the company's various departments and projects; promoting the ability of each department to conduct preliminary judgments and processing, and reduce the company's operational risk.
- Able to work well with partners in China, Korea, Japan and the United States.
Why work with us:
Join us in realising our vision in advancing decentralisation, and leading innovation in CeFi and DeFi. Enjoy work flexibility, a supportive team, and an environment that nurtures your ideas. Plus, expect a performance-based annual bonus for all contributors at WOO 💪
- Effective communication abilities and a dedication to thriving in potentially demanding situations.
- A qualified legal advisor with at least 5 years of experience, preferably with exposure to both law firms and commercial settings.
- Demonstrated sound judgment in business practices, regulatory relationship management, and managing reputational risks.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic with excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; proficiency in bilingual Mandarin is advantageous but not mandatory.
Getting the job
We're actively seeking talented individuals to join our team outside of our typical hiring schedule. This proactive approach allows us to connect with exceptional candidates like you even before specific positions become available.
On average, successful candidates go through five rounds of interviews and tests. Our hiring process begins by meeting with our People Team, who help facilitate the process of placing you in your new role. You can expect to share your experience and ideas in online video interviews with our hiring team, made up of management and potential new colleagues.
Submitting your resume now ensures that you're first in line when new opportunities arise. By doing so, you'll have a head start in the selection process and get a chance to showcase your skills and experience.
Get started on your application here!