We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021 & 2022!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 280 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
- You will be a key member of Wooga's accounting team, which includes reporting, analysis and the management of our accounts payables processes
- You will be responsible for processing all purchase and expense invoices in accordance with the supported documentation and record them in the invoice processing system and the accounting system
- You will be reconciling General Ledger with SubLedger accounts on a regular basis for accounts receivable, accounts payable and intercompany accounts
- You will be performing balance clarification with external counterparts and resolving discrepancies (Payable/Receivable)
- You will be managing vendor payments to ensure that payment terms are honored, and the dunning process for debtors
- You will be participating in the monthly closing process, and assisting with auditor’s requests
- You will be involved in preparing ad hoc analysis related to Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable and supporting to further streamline and optimize the accounting processes
- You will take care of employee reimbursements and the tracking of related budgets
- You will work part-time (30 hours a week)
- You have proven, several years of professional experience dealing with Accounts Payable
- Detailed knowledge of accounting principles, general ledger coding, cost center structures and intercompany recharges
- Strong knowledge of accounting software (e.g. Navision, SAP Business One) and good Excel/spreadsheet skills required
- Higher education in Finance / Accounting
- Ability to manage high volumes of transactions with exceptional accuracy and efficiency in combination with an extraordinary service attitude towards internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize effectively and communicate payment progress
- Excellent English & German language skills
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 50 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!