Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 nations work together to develop top titles for a global audience. Working in independent teams, Wooga's signature approach to making great mobile games has made us one of the world's most popular developers.
About the role
Keeping users engaged and active is key to ensuring the success of any mobile game. Wooga's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team ensures that the Wooga player community stays active on our games network. Through email and in-game campaigns, the team works to engage with our players and ensure we are giving our games the opportunity they deserve to be a hit in a crowded market. During your time as a working student, you will directly contribute to our games' success by using your affinity to creativity within marketing to assist the CRM team.
This exciting position is open exclusively to bachelor or master students in marketing, communications, and similar majors. You will work collaboratively with other team members to complete tasks and have the opportunity to contribute to several projects. With access to a personal mentor, frequent talks from internal and external industry leaders, and the option to choose your own technical equipment, we will ensure that you have ample resources and space to develop in your areas of professional interest.
What you will be doing
- Have a direct impact on the engagement of our network of millions of users worldwide
- Assist our team with the planning and execution of email marketing and in-game campaigns (in-app messaging and push notifications)
- Create and manage visual assets and written content to be seen by millions of players every week
- Help monitor, analyze and optimize campaigns based on relevant KPI's
- Work on strategic and cross-channel alignment
- Analyze and research benchmarks and trends within the gaming industry
- As English is our official language, no German skills are required. But we'll help you learn if you want to!
- You are currently enrolled at a University in the Berlin area in a bachelor's or master's program in marketing, communications, or similar
- You can dedicate 20 hours per week and you are available at least until January 2022 (ideally longer)
- You have a good understanding of marketing channels such as Mobile Push, Email, Social Media, and Performance Marketing
- You are a passionate gamer and would be thrilled to immerse yourself in the industry
- You have no problem meeting strict deadlines and thrive in an autonomous and dynamic working environment
- Creative writing experience is highly preferred
- Ideally, you are a native speaker level of English
- Experience with Braze, Mailchimp and Photoshop are a strong plus (please submit any samples you have with your application)
This is a temporary role for 12 months with the possibility to extend it.
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.