At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
- You will be an important part of Wooga's finance team, preparing the financial group reporting to our parent company (monthly/quarterly/yearly) in accordance with international accounting standards (US-GAAP)
- You will be regularly communicating with our shareholder financial reporting team
- You will work on important initiatives to improve our business processes and to implement internal controls over financial reporting across the organization (SOX)
- You will report directly to the Senior Controller (Financial Reporting)
- Excellent university degree in Finance or Accounting, alternatively adequate business experience and a professional certification
- 2-3 years of experience in group accounting, financial audit - preferably Big 4 or a similar area
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS and German GAAP
- Strong understanding of group reporting processes
- Highly structured approach to execute tasks combined with a high service level and quick response time when interacting with the parent company
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Navision, SAP Business One, Oracle Netsuite)
- Advanced and well rounded Excel/spreadsheet skills
- Fluency in English and advanced knowledge of the German language is mandatory
- Knowledge of the digital game industry or other digital business models such as e-commerce or performance marketing is a plus
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!