At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
As a Senior Technical Artist at Wooga, you will join the core team of talented colleagues, helping to support both the development of new games and live titles.
You will be a key member of the Art discipline who can communicate effectively in order to bring creative solutions to achieving the Art vision for our games, and contributing to the teams’ Art tooling across the whole studio.
- You will design, implement, maintain and document the art creation pipeline,
- You will extend DCC packages to streamline and optimize art creation processes,
- You will seek out challenges in existing pipelines and propose potential solutions,
- You will work with engineers and lead artists to implement fast-performing and beautiful nextgen rendering techniques on mobile.
- Extensive knowledge of Unity, C#, and Python,
- Proven games industry experience,
- Shader writing skills (GLSL, HLSL, CG, etc.), knowledge of the graphics pipeline and its technical constraints on mobile,
- Experience in developing for mobile platforms (iOS, Android),
- Extensive knowledge of all stages of game development, ranging from modeling to texturing and special effects,
- Experience with developing for 3D packages (Modo, Maya, Blender) and extensive Photoshop scripting knowledge,
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and communication skills,
- Experience with source control systems (git/plastic SCM).
Nice to have:
- Substance Designer / Painter experience,
- Knowledge of procedural workflows
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!