At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
As a Developer Tools Engineer at Wooga, you will work independently in a fairly small team which empowers our game teams by building tools, Jenkin pipelines and custom Gradle plugins. You will manage a CI infrastructure which builds a wide set of different projects: from Unity libraries written in C#, Gradle plugins developed with Groovy, to our internal tools written in Typescript.
With a generalist mindset but broad technical knowledge ranging from Groovy, Ruby, to working with services like GithubGoogle and Artifactory, you will help us provide the tools our game teams need to keep bringing delightful story-driven games to millions of players.
As a member of our tools team you will work on projects including, but not limited to:
- Develop, maintain and run a stable build and test infrastructure for continuously building our internal tools, libraries and games
- Building fully automated pipelines based on code enabling the product teams to create artifacts and deliver them to our deployment infrastructure
- Develop and maintain custom Gradle plugins
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to identify and solve challenging issues for our build and test infrastructure
- Working with colleagues across teams to set best practices and assess the value of new technologies and frameworks
- Familiar with build processes, compiler toolchains and content pipelines for mobile games
- Strong scripting skills (Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Groovy) distinguish you
- Besides scripting experience (Ruby, Bash...) you have solid programming skills in at least one of the mayor object oriented programming languages (Java, C#, C++)
- You have experience with the following technologies: Artifactory, Git, Github
- You have experience with application development (mobile/desktop)
- “Automating everything” is in your blood and a key part of your work philosophy
- You have experience in cross-platform (macOS, Win, Linux) automation
- You are a creative, analytical thinker embracing new technologies, programming languages and paradigms
- You are a skilled communicator and enjoy working in a team
- You thrive working in an agile environment
- Passionate about games
- You have experience with setup and maintenance of Build CI tools (Jenkins pipelines, TeamCity, Travis CI, or similar)
- Basic experience with the unity game engine would be considered as a plus
- Your written and spoken English is good - no German skills are required for the job, but we will help you learn if you want!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!