We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
At Wooga, data is a key driver in making strategic decisions. As Game Data Analyst you will analyze large-scale data across customer touch points in order to generate insightful metrics, custom dashboards and deep dive analyses to measure performance.
Our game teams are aiming for best-in-class services to our players with frequent, meaningful game and content updates as well as driving innovation around personalized game experiences. Our culture is about open feedback and debate along the way; we believe analytics is a team sport. The product team you will join collaborates across design, engineering, art, and central service teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Wooga through deep qualitative & quantitative research.
We're looking for a passionate and results-oriented talent to join our product team and develop new insights to shape data driven decisions, continuously improve our player’s experience and thereby help us to generate business growth for years to come. Some of your other responsibilities will include:
- Dive deep into the large-scale data to identify key insights that will inform product improvements and business strategy.
- Help define how best to measure and monitor our product and its features
- Help to develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB-tests, both systematically and on a one-off basis
- Engage with the product, engineering and service team members as a thought partner and provide an analytics perspective to discussions
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders across the company in order to successfully deliver actionable insights
- Partner with Data Science and Data Engineering on data gathering, data governance, democratizing data with reporting tools and evangelizing KPIs
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests, then work with development teams to ensure correct implementation and tracking
- Communicate actionable results and findings derived from data throughout the organization in a clear, concise way.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Computer Science, CIS/MIS, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant field
- 1-2 years of recent experience in a business analyst role. Preferably experience in the app industry or related field
- You can use SQL effectively and you have a good understanding of commonly applied statistical techniques
- You have good problem solving skills and can look for logical connections between consumer behavior and data.
- You have a good sense for the market, you are in tune with player patterns and understand customers
- You have monetization design understanding and you analytically understand what makes a game great
- You know your way around designing, communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
Nice to have
- Experience in the games industry
- Understand of behavioral psychology
- Robust understanding of more advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
- Skills with reporting tools such as Periscope, Tableau, Mode
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!