Note: This position can be 100% remote, reporting to our Oakland, CA office.
Looking to join an organization with an incredible company culture, very competitive compensation and perks, and work on complex, interesting projects? Then we would like to hear from you!
Our Water Resources division provides critical solutions to Bay Area water resource needs such as clean water solutions, flood control, and other environmental planning that improves the quality of life for millions of people each day. We bring new ways of solving old problems. We are inventors, we ask ‘why not?’ and we challenge convention. Sound like you? Read on:
Under direction, as a Senior Engineer in our Water Resources division, you will perform difficult and complex water resources engineering tasks and act in a leadership / mentor capacity to a small group of engineers and/or technical support staff. You may serve as a project engineer or project manager on a single major, or several minor, engineering project(s). This particular position will be responsible for guiding a number of design-focused Water Resources Projects in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you will be doing
- Performing or guiding the technical analysis of the project(s) assigned. Makes sound decisions on technical problems and methods related to the work being performed based on established engineering principles and guidelines, and supervisory guidance.
- Serves as project manager, defining the scope of the project, developing budget and schedule estimates, performing feasibility studies, managing staff, and providing training.
- Monitoring project progress status, compliance with approved scope, and informing all parties of the same.
- Reviewing proposed changes for impact on the project design, budget or schedule.
- Preparing reports and presentations that provide raw technical data in a concise and comprehensible manner.
- Consults with clients, engineers within other departments, and external project team members as a representative regarding assigned projects. Acts as the point of contact for inquiries regarding the project.
- Completes documentation of projects accurately and timely.
- May act as a technical expert in specialty area, providing training and outside presentations to clients, peers, and engineering community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 7+ years of experience performing related engineering work; or, equivalent education and experience
- P.E. License Required
Things you should know or have
- Solid project management skills; able to critically analyze and creatively solve issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to plan and direct the work of subordinates; effectively supervise, coach and train.
- Proficient with related software and tools required to complete all job duties, including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, GIS, and various modeling programs.