Looking for a fun, collaborative, and innovative organization to grow your career within? Looking to apply your land development skills to projects that make a difference? If so, Wood Rodgers could be the right fit for you.
The primary duties of this position include, but are not limited to, preparing engineering studies for grading, sanitary sewer, drainage and water systems, preparation of construction plans, specifications and cost estimates (PS&E) for infrastructure improvements including roads, sewer and water systems, grading and drainage facilities for a variety of private and public projects. Project assignments may include entitlement/tentative maps and subdivisions and site developments, infrastructure planning, roadway and utility Capital Improvement Programs. Duties require ability to perform engineering analyses and prepare related reports such as hydraulic analyses, alternatives analyses and development of designs using Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD) applications. Takes direction from a Principal Engineer, Department Head or Project Manager.
If you are serious, dedicated and driven to uncover new and exciting solutions, then Wood Rodgers is for you.
We bring new ways of solving old problems. We are inventors, we ask ‘why not?’ and we challenge convention. Sound like you? Read on:
What you will be doing
- Preparation of engineering analysis, designs, and calculations for private improvements and public works projects
- Assist in the preparation of construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Assist with construction submittal reviews, Requests for Information (RFI), and other construction related activities
- Coordinate with other design team members and public agencies
- Provide assistance to survey and construction management team during project construction phase
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- 2-5 years’ experience required performing the essential duties listed above
- Demonstrated knowledge of Civil Engineering principles, practices, and methods
- Proficiency using AutoCAD, including Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite
Things we’d like to see
- Registration as a Professional Engineer
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions regarding complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to gather, organize and analyze engineering data and make comprehensive reports
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage a variety of engineering functions
- Ability to work as a member of an engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with those contacted in the course of work; communicate effectively both orally in and in writing
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
If you are serious, dedicated and driven to uncover new and exciting solutions, then go to our website at www.woodrodgers.com to learn more or to apply for this position.