Calling all Black non-cis-male creatives currently enrolled in college —are you interested in pursuing a career as an art director, copywriter, UX designer, or strategist? If so, apply for WONGDOODY’s Amplifying Creative Talent Scholarship.
The goal of WONGDOODY’s scholarship program has always been to bolster the voices of those who have been underrepresented in our industry. Since 2015 this $5000 scholarship has been awarded every year to two female‐identifying students pursuing creative-focused careers in experience design, marketing or advertising. To further our mission of increasing representation in the creative ranks of our industry, the summer 2021 session of the scholarship will go to a Black non-cis-male student pursuing a career in the field.
The Summer 2021 WONGDOODY Amplifying Creative Talent Scholarship is open to Black non-cis-male creatives who have been marginalized by societal constructs. This includes women (both cis and trans), non-binary people, and trans men. Our scholarship is inclusive and supportive, and self-definition is at the sole discretion of the applicant.
- Identify as Black
- Identify as a non-cis-male, including women (cis and trans), non-binary persons, or trans men
- Be a currently enrolled student at a college in the United States and have completed at least the sophomore year of undergraduate studies or the first year of portfolio or graduate school
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as determined by their school
- Be pursuing a creative-focused role in experience design, marketing or advertising, including but not limited to experience designers, strategists and content creators
- Answer 3 of the 5 following essay questions. Each answer must be 500 words or less
- Complete this application in entirety, include your resume and link to your portfolio if applicable (please include passwords if necessary!)
- Application period begins May 5, 2021 and ends June 25, 2021 by midnight PST
- Submit your application between 5/5/21 and 6/25/21 (deadline is midnight PST)
- The first 100 applicants in this time frame will be considered
- Finalists will be contacted by 7/2/21 and must be available for an interview between 7/5/21 and 7/16/21
- The winner will be chosen by 7/26/21
- Winner will be announced publicly by 8/02/21