WONGDOODY is a human experience agency with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, and New York. Since our founding in 1993, we have won hundreds of global awards for creativity and marketing effectiveness, while building a culture that consistently makes WONGDOODY one of the “Best Places to Work” according to Ad Age, the Puget Sound Business Journal, and the Los Angeles Business Journal. We recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. It is a very exciting time here at WONGDOODY. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
We are a team of fun, fearless, ego-less, values-driven and collaborative problem-solvers distributed across the coasts with one goal in mind – human experience. Human experiences are the touch points that make brands and technology matter to customers. We use strategy, creativity and data to develop engaging experiences that transform businesses. And those experiences are backed by the global technological strength of Infosys.
If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
WONGDOODY is hiring a Technology Director as part of our expanding cross-capability team. This role will be key to our growth efforts and will focus on providing technological solutions with a creative layer and be our creatively minded ambassador with the Infosys dev teams. This Tech Director will report into the Executive Director of Delivery and will be involved in pitching/scoping and project execution with a long-term eye on growing a technology practice from scratch. This position is capable of working out of our Los Angeles OR New York offices.
- Serve as a bridge between the creative and engineering teams within WONGDOODY and Infosys
- Ensure engineering teams are employing best practices with respect to code hygiene, CI/CD, and QA
- Expand the use of Agile development methodologies amongst engineering teams
- Review business and technical requirements produced by engineering teams
- Work with counterparts within Infosys to create teams of Infosys engineers to support WONGDOODY engagements
- Partnering with creative, CX, and PM/product teams for scope planning and leading tech solutions and implementation
- Participate in pitch and client discussions with the business development team to represent tech/engineering POV
- Partner with PMO on establishing best practices and tools to connect Creative and Engineering/3rd party teams
- Hands-on approach to technical solutions – evaluates and review code base, architecture reviews, testing/QA best practices, etc.
- Leads feasibility reviews for projects such as portals, application, mobile platforms and embedded devices
- Planning for a WONGDOODY technology team growth within Infosys – whether by resource adoption or WONGDOODY hires
- Leverage your network to establish and grow a "bench" of 3rd party developers and vendors to be called upon to enhance capabilities
- Apply a make it happen / get (Sh)it done attitude to all incoming work
- Deliver a consistently best in class product
- This role will require 25% travel time, domestically
- Agency experience a must OR working at the top tech companies (Google, Apple, Uber, etc.)
- 8+ years of managing/hands-on experience with engineering, web dev, and/or solution arch
- Experience in building a team or department
- Experience with conceptual visual / prototype creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
- A startup mentality with a focus on agile thinking and MVP + delivery
- Lead innovative solutions and experiences
- Experienced in developing processes for integrated teams to produce best in class solutions
- Experience in partnering with 3rd party dev teams
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
WONGDOODY is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer where we are committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive workspace regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We are intentional about creating a space which not only celebrates and embraces, but also reflects the diversity of the world we live in. Candidates from diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.