Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to childcare providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable childcare providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in achieving our team’s core mission, to develop and maintain systems and processes that ensure high levels of reliability, security, and interoperability across the Wonderschool platform. Your expertise in the delivery of high-quality software will be essential in speeding up the development of our cutting-edge applications.
- Lead and manage large, complex projects independently by analyzing requirements, breaking down tasks, and planning the development of mission-critical features
- Architect, build, and maintain critical, high-availability applications and services
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, product managers, designers, and stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues, working closely with the team to identify and implement simple and effective solutions
- Deliver high-quality, performant code and deploying services with a high level of comfort iterating on a system while it is constantly serving traffic
- Communicate technical design effectively with developers of all levels
- Implement and optimize databases, ensuring data reliability and efficient performance
- Utilize Google Cloud Platform and Firebase to design and deploy scalable cloud infrastructure
- Learn new languages and technologies as required to get the job done
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other engineers and teammates in your product team, and support your team through thoughtful feedback
- Continually improve our engineering standards in code reviews, advocating for better patterns and technologies, and making a meaningful impact on our development experience and tooling
- Promote a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and knowledge sharing within the team
- Willingness to travel to San Francisco for team off-sites
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with a focus in developing full stack applications and familiarity with technologies like React, Redux, Node/Express/Nest, Tailwind
- Proven experience with high-traffic web apps and APIs, including protocols like REST & GraphQL
- Proficiency in NoSQL data engines like Firestore and SQL data engines like Postgres
- Overall understanding of serverless computing and Platform as a Service providers.
- Experience with cloud providers like Google Cloud Platform
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to tackle complex challenges
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate across teams
- Detail-oriented mindset, with a focus on delivering high-quality, scalable, and maintainable code
- Previous experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Previous experience developing complex SaaS products
- Previous experience working on software development platforms
What We Offer:
Wonderschool provides the wage ranges it reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for all remote roles and as otherwise required by applicable law. The expected range of starting pay for this role is $170,000 - $200,000 annually. Actual compensation may vary within the listed range based on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, experience, and specific geographic location.
Additionally, Wonderschool offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Health benefits offer up to 100% coverage for employee premiums and up to 80% for dependents
- Wifi, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals.
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.