Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable child care providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
Wonderschool is seeking Account Executives who are passionate about contributing to our mission and purpose by growing our pipeline and revenue from government partnerships. This role relies heavily on an AE's ability to understand and navigate the complexities of business-to-government sales and relationships while leveraging strong sales and customer relationship skills.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the full-cycle execution of the sales pipeline in your territory, often running 12+ months from engagement to close
- Meet with members of the state legislature, state legislature staff members, governor’s team members, and professionals within the administration including leaders of the Department of Health and Human Services (or appropriate version by state) and/or the Department of Economic Development
- Understand the legislative, budget, and election cycles within your territory in order to develop and execute on sales strategies involving one or more branches of government
- Craft tailored sales and pitches, presentations, and proposals and adapt these materials to best meet the needs of potential partners
- Communicate internally to prepare cross-functional teams for upcoming implementations, to provide input on product roadmaps and priorities, and to align materials and requirements for procurement.
- Travel up to 60% of the time to meet with prospects and clients in your territory to secure new business and grow existing accounts
- Strategic thinking skills as it pertains to government programming, policy, legislation, and procurement
- A deep understanding of the political landscape and how that translates to child care issues
- Ability to communicate the differentiated values of Wonderschool in a manner that aligns with political goals and objectives
- Ability to accelerate into ambiguity and achieve outcomes within an established playbook while being creative when needed
- Ability to build professional relationships with government officials and executive leaders
- Demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding quota
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice
- Experience with managing and updating a CRM
- Ownership over territory and ability to independently execute on a territory plan while also working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Background in government policy or business-to-government (B2G) sales
- Experience in government positions working on legislation, program administration, and more
- Potentially, experience with public policy and/or political advocacy
- Passion for working in a fast-paced startup environment
- An understanding of procurement methods in the government sector
- Experience with complex sales processes and implementations, such as ERP and other enterprise solutions
What We Offer:
Wonderschool provides the wage ranges it reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for all remote roles and as otherwise required by applicable law. The expected base salary range for this role is $110,00-$120,000 plus an additional 100%-150% of the base salary in commission and bonuses (all AE's are eligible for accelerators and SPIFFs). Actual compensation and OTE may vary within the listed range based on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skillset, prior experience, and specific geographic location.
Additionally, Wonderschool offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Health benefits offering up to 100% coverage for employee premiums and up to 80% for dependents
- Wifi and Employee Wellness stipends paid out on a monthly basis
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.