Wonder is a fast-growing food-tech startup that’s raising the bar on the role food plays in peoples’ lives. We’re creating an on-demand dining experience where customers can receive high-quality meals perfectly prepared and served to their doorsteps within minutes. We partner with the best restaurants and chefs across a diverse range of cuisines to offer access to the world’s most delicious food—anytime, anywhere. Meals are prepared in Wonder kitchens and finished by onboard chefs deployed in our customized mobile kitchens.
Our top-notch team—including our Michelin-starred and celebrity chefs—is expanding quickly. If you’re looking for competitive pay, a door-opening career, and a role where your creativity can shine, we want to hear from you!
About the role
You will be working closely with our culinary team and will be responsible for washing and sanitizing all the kitchen equipment and utensils, such as dishes, ovens, fryers, flat tops, among others. You will also be responsible for cleaning the entire facility in accordance with Food Safety regulation standards. Tasks include:
- Removal of garbage throughout the operational hours and at the end of the shift
- Follow established food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Comply with health and sanitation procedures and support overall cleanliness and maintenance of the workplace
- Complete daily tasks assigned by the Sanitation Manager/Supervisor and comply to the Master Sanitation Schedule
- Starting rate: $15-$19/hr
The experience you have
- Experience working in, but not limited to, a commissary in assembly or in a top-quality restaurant, hotel or high-end food service environment.
- Proven record of attendance and adhering to schedules
- An eye for detail with everything you do
- Comfortable working in a team environment
The way you work
- Must be able to exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strict adherence to scheduled time and attendance
- Adherence to the dress code while on duty; company uniform, safety shoes, proper PPE in accordance to the company’s SOP’s
- Must have a “Can Do” and “Will Do” attitude
- Ability to work in a quick paced and ever changing environment
- Positive attitude and a teamwork mentality
We offer great compensation packages including 401K, medical, dental, and vision plans. Not to mention, all of the training and food talk you can dream of with endless learning and development opportunities to advance your career.
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.