About the role
We're looking for Production Cooks to join the Wonder team. You will have the opportunity to work with various cuisines based on our Michelin and Celebrity Chef partner's menus. We follow high culinary standards in our brand new, state-of-the-art Central Kitchen.
As a Production Cook, you will be responsible for:
- Completing assigned prep work and set up stations
- Following recipes with attention to detail
- Handling food from cleaning, prepping to cooking
- Ensuring all food is labeled and stored properly as per Food Safety and HACCP guidelines
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment at all times
Production Cook role details
- Salary: $17-19/hr
- Job location: Cranford, NJ
The experience you have
- Experience working in, but not limited to, a commissary in assembly or in a top-quality restaurant, hotel or high-end food service environment
- Food Safety and HACCP guideline knowledge including proper protein food safety temperatures and "danger zone" food temperatures
- Good knife skills and mastery of knife cuts; examples include large dice, batonnet, julienne...
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Ability to read and write and follow recipes
- Versed in the metric system conversion
- Must be able to stand for shift period while working
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Ability to read and write
Benefits that start day 1 of full-time employment
- 401k with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision
- Health savings account with employer match
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 2x pay if you work on holidays
- Learning and development opportunities to advance your career
- Wonder offers hourly employees stock options
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
Imagine: Within the tap of a button, a perfectly prepared meal from your choice of cuisines appears at your doorstep in minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we believe everyone has the right to great food. That’s why we’ve created the next generation of restaurant chains powered by an advanced mobile platform that lets our customers experience the world’s most delicious food—anytime, anywhere. We partner with world-renowned chefs to craft exclusive menus and bring their unique recipes right to you on our mobile restaurants.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing fast. Join us in pioneering a future that approaches food equitably, sustainably, and thoughtfully. You’ll work in a supportive and collaborative environment where our culture and our values—Mastery, Compassion, and Courage—are taken as seriously as delivering an incredible experience for our customers.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.