New Food Tech Startup is now hiring in Edison, New Jersey!
This isn't your average job. We're looking for Cooks & Drivers to operate our mobile restaurants and prepare, package and deliver orders for our customers right outside their homes. As long as you have a driver's license in good standing, we'll provide all the training you need to feel confident driving one of our mobile restaurants (it's a sprinter van!).
In this role, you will
- Receive training and plenty support from your team - no experience necessary!
- Fulfill orders, including food preparation, packaging, and delivery to our customers within the committed time.
- Door delivery, including interacting with customers, ensuring orders are accurate and customers are satisfied through attention to detail and superior service.
Cook / Driver role details
- Salary: Monday - Thursday starts at $20/hr and Friday - Sunday starts at $21/hr, plus stock options
- Shift Hours: 1:30pm - 9:30pm
- Mobile Restaurant Hub Locations:
- South Hub (Cranford, Edison and Irvington)
- North Hub (Paterson and Parsippany)
How do I know if I’m the right fit for this role?
This role is a unique opportunity to learn the food world while receiving training and plenty of support from your team—minimal experience in the culinary or hospitality industry is required.
Do any of these feel like you? If so, apply! We’d love to meet you.
- Experience working in retail, driving for a delivery service, or any other customer-facing role
- Experience working in the “front of house” at a restaurant (serving, bartending, hosting, etc.)
- Thrives working in a face-paced environment
- Looking for more than the standard compensation package that comes with a delivery or ride-share job
- Looking for a fresh start with the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance
- Loves food and always looking to try new recipes from a variety of cuisines
Benefits that start day 1 of full-time employment
- 401k with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision
- Health savings account with employer match
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 2x if you work on holidays
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a driver's license in good standing for this position
- Must be able to work two of the three following days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Imagine: Within the tap of a button, a perfectly prepared meal from your choice of cuisines appears at your doorstep in minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we believe everyone has the right to great food. That’s why we’ve created the next generation of restaurant chains powered by an advanced mobile platform that lets our customers experience the world’s most delicious food—anytime, anywhere. We partner with world-renowned chefs to craft exclusive menus and bring their unique recipes right to you on our mobile restaurants.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing fast. Join us in pioneering a future that approaches food equitably, sustainably, and thoughtfully. You’ll work in a supportive and collaborative environment where our culture and our values—Mastery, Compassion, and Courage—are taken as seriously as delivering an incredible experience for our customers.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.