Want to drive a state-of-the-art vehicle and prepare piping hot meals to deliver immediately to hungry homeowners?
This is an amazing chance to join the Wonder team and earn up to $18/hour during the week and $19/hour on weekends. Opportunity for promotion within the first 6 months of employment with benefits and 401k available on day 1!
$1,000 sign-on bonus included with offer!
* Must begin employment on or before 30 days from receiving your offer.
**$500 will be paid after 90 days (min 50 shifts required) and the other $500 after 180 days (min 100 shifts required).
Compensation: Monday - Thursday starts at $18/hr and Friday - Sunday starts at $19/hr
Shift Hours: 1:30pm – 10:00pm
- *Must be 18 years of age
- *Must have a driver's license in good standing for this position
- *Mandatory hours include at least one weekend day and evenings
About the role
As a Chef on the Road (COR), you’ll play a key role in preparing, packaging, and then delivering exceptional meals to our customers in assigned delivery zones. In this role, you are the connection point to our customer and bringing our brand to life.
- Order fulfillment, including food preparation, packaging, and delivery to our customers within the committed time.
- Door delivery, including interacting with customers, ensuring orders are accurate and customers are satisfied through attention to detail and superior service.
- Sharing information with customers about the company, app, menu, order, ingredients, etc.
- You'll be fully trained with a talented team to lean on.
- Minimal experience necessary!
How do I know if I’m the right fit for this role?
Our Chef on the Road (COR) role is a unique opportunity to learn the food world while receiving training and plenty of support from your team—minimal experience in the culinary or hospitality industry is required.
Do any of these feel like you? If so, apply! We’d love to meet you.
- Experience working in retail, driving for a delivery service, or any other customer-facing role
- Experience working in the “front of house” at a restaurant (serving, bartending, hosting, etc.)
- Thrives working in a face-paced environment
- Looking for more than the standard compensation package that comes with a delivery or ride-share job
- Looking for a fresh start with the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance
- Loves food and always looking to try new recipes from a variety of cuisines
- Paterson, NJ
- Culinary + Hospitality + Driving training
- Career advancement opportunities
- Vehicle provided (Mercedes Benz Sprinter Van)
We offer great compensation packages including 401K, medical, dental, and vision plans starting day 1! Not to mention, all of the training and food talk you can dream of—with endless learning and development opportunities to advance your career.
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.