Seeking highly motivated individuals to assist clients with driving proposal processes for organizing and developing responses to Federal requests for proposals. Must be comfortable with adapting and reacting to shifting priorities, new challenges, and hard deadlines while demonstrating excellent communication skills and an aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving. Supplies leadership and support for developing technical and management sections, ancillary plans, past performance, and resume segments. Provides guidance and training to Associates.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Integrating client technical SMEs, subcontractor participants, and professionals into a cohesive team with clear responsibilities towards submitting a comprehensive, compliant, and compelling proposal
- Assisting client bid and proposal teams, including capture and proposal leads, account and operations teams, subject matter experts, and executive teams to analyze solicitations, determine proposal requirements, develop the response schedule, and coordinate efforts to submit a compliant, responsive proposal
- Scheduling and managing proposal activities from RFP drop to response delivery, including conducting kick-off meetings, organizing solutioning sessions, facilitating key reviews, performing final document review, coordinating client proposal governance, signoff, and submission
- Facilitating the efforts of key personnel, subcontractors, program managers, and subject matter experts to develop content technical and management sections, resumes, and past performance factors
- Supporting the writing, developing, and recovering of narrative and graphic content, as required, irrespective of the discipline, technology, or topic requirements
- Generating proposal process deliverables, including annotated outlines, compliance matrices, proposal trackers, data calls, etc.
- Editing proposals for spelling, typographical, and grammatical errors, and proper syntax, as well as readability, ease of comprehension, and consistency; reviews for compliance
- Engaging key clients and company thought leaders to develop trusted relationships and collaborative rapport to deliver on our “client first” and “best idea wins” ethos
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members, offering insights, techniques and perspective across the entire proposal development process, and providing tactical direction
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Federal procurement: Must have experience writing and/or managing Federal proposals with expertise in the Federal procurement process, including the FAR, contracting vehicles, and the nuances of Federal contracting
- Computer skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint
- Team Player: Works well independently and in an intensely collaborative team environment
- Attention to detail: Possesses a fastidious attention to detail with a sense of urgency while working on client-facing deliverables where customers expect high-quality, winning proposals
- Communication: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and works effectively with management and relevant stakeholders to delegate tasks and resolve issues
- Problem-solving skills: Must be intellectually curious with strong creative and imaginative prowess to generate ideas for solving complex problems and producing outcomes
- Flexibility: Able to adjust to frequent changes in priorities, effectively managing time and working across multiple projects with competing deadlines
Applicants will be hired at the Senior Associate or Principal level commensurate with experience, background, and education. US Citizenship is required.
Desired Education & Experience
- Education: BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management, Business Management, or Professional Writing, or in a related field
- Experience: 5 to 10 years of experience